Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

What is the maximum hat size of the Hololens headband?

What is the maximum hat size of the Hololens headband? I have looked through the forums and can't seem to find this measurement.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JacksonJackson mod
    Answer ✓

I don't have an exact number for you, but I just measured my device's headband and it appears to have about a 24.5" inner circumference (perhaps a little larger) when fully expanded. This looks to map to about a 7 3/4 US hat size.

Answers

• JacksonJackson mod
    Answer ✓

I don't have an exact number for you, but I just measured my device's headband and it appears to have about a 24.5" inner circumference (perhaps a little larger) when fully expanded. This looks to map to about a 7 3/4 US hat size.

• @ASpulak it might be worth noting however that generally people cannot wear the inner band of the HoloLens like a hat and still align the lenses comfortably.

Typically that inner band is best if it is secured high on your forehead to low on the back of your head where your neck meets the curve of your skull.

I find the two circumferences are not too different in my case, but I have no idea how those two measurements compare proportionally for the population in general.

Just thought I would mention it incase the "hat size" part of your question had some particular importance or relevance that might be impacted by the need to steeply angle the inner band of the HoloLens when securing it.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Thank you for your answers! That is what I needed to know. :)

• I've let more than a dozen people use my Hololens. All of them only needed to be shown the air-tap and bloom commands. Everything else was intuitive. I have a large head 25.5" hat size. The device is tight, but works well once positioned right. Several of the people who tried mine out also used the Oculus RIFT and said Hololens was more interactive, putting you right in the middle of the holograms. The RIFT is more like a wrap-around large-screen TV. They are different tools with different purposes.