Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

HoloLens Emulator crashes after changing the room with the Origami tutorial

I see the following errors in the debug output from VS:

Unexpectedly dequeueing an in flight surface that isn't the top of the queue!
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/VR/HoloLens/SpatialMapping/SpatialMappingSystem.cpp Line: 235)
The program '[5196] Origami.exe' has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).

I was following along with the tutorial fine until I got to the final step with spatial mapping. I happened to have changed the room to the Great Room just before this, but switching it back to Default Room doesn't seem to help. Now, as soon as the scene loads and origami is visible, I can't provide any mouse/keyboard input and after a moment the emulator resets and the debugger detaches. This continues to happen every time I launch the app now.

Anyone experience similar or have a clue as to how to resolve?

Best Answer

Answers

• Same here, except that I didn't change the rooms at all.

• Same happens to me as well and I didn't change rooms. At first I thought it was because of the debugger, however it does appear to not really crash but freeze. I never see an exception unless I switch to release mode, turn off the Unity profiler, and etc, then it crashes throwing an unhandled exception. I did also note that this happens when moving around the origami hologram, not upon stationary view.

Dwight Goins
    CAO & Founder| Independent Architect | Trainer and Consultant | Sr. Enterprise Architect
    MVP | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer
    http://dgoins.wordpress.com

• Good to know it happens without the room change. Unfortunately, I'm typically using a Java stack and IntelliJ environment, so I'm not having much luck diagnosing the problem or moving toward a solution in C#/VS.

• I'm getting this from the Holo Academy 230 code which uses different scripts for Spatial mapping. I only see this error when I try to Debug, however, when not debugging, it sometimes crashes, could be same reason. Any ideas on how to mod that code?

• Can you replace UpdateRendering in SpatialMappingManager.cs with:

private void UpdateRendering(bool Enable)
            {
                List<MeshRenderer> renderers = Source.GetMeshRenderers();
                for (int index = 0; index < renderers.Count; index++)
                {
                    if (renderers[index] != null)
                    {
                        renderers[index].enabled = Enable;
                        if (Enable)
                        {
                            renderers[index].sharedMaterial = SurfaceMaterial;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• Thanks but I'm still getting this sometimes:

**Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.

Thread -> id: e88 -> priority: 1

Unexpectedly dequeueing an in flight surface that isn't the top of the queue!**

• is the application still crashing?

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• Yes. Same error. We've run into other crashers since, running out of memory, but this was still happening too.