Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

HoloLens Emulator emulates me not actually having a HoloLens

I've installed all the tools but when I run the HoloLens emulator I get:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Management.ManagementException' occurred in XDE.exe
Additional information: Invalid class

What can I do to fix? I've tried un and reinstalling Hyper-V as well with no change.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HoloLens emulator?

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• yes, no change.

• Okay, have you tried deleting the virtual machine from hyper-v manager? Is there any other debug spew?

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

• I didn't see anything specific to HoloLens in hyper-v manager I deleted the only VM that was there. Do I need to re-add it?
    No other debug spew that I can find.

• Visual Studio should recreate the VM the next time to try to deploy to the emulator.

===

• so i actually can deploy a hololens project to the Mobile Emulator 10.0 but switching to HoloLens Emulator crashes and never shows up in Hyper-V Manager

• okay, can you check event viewer (start->run, eventvwr.msc)
    In the windows logs under application XDE or VS may have written a call stack into an event.

===

• Application: XDE.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementException
       at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(System.Management.ManagementStatus)
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection+ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CastIterator>d__94`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.__Canon>)
       at Microsoft.Xde.Wmi.NetNat.FindNatObj(System.String)
       at Microsoft.Xde.Wmi.NetNat.IsSupported()
       at Microsoft.Xde.Client.XdeController.Run(System.String[])
       at Microsoft.Xde.Client.Program.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: XDE.exe, version: 10.0.14342.0, time stamp: 0x5748444a
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18340, time stamp: 0x5736541b
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00014878
    Faulting process id: 0x2c54
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1de0ae30aeb33
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\10.0.14342.0\XDE.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 2121e275-49fe-11e6-82b9-f8b156dde060
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• PatrickPatrick mod
    edited July 2016

sounds like this...

From hyper-v can you try deleting your virtual switches? You might only need to delete the two that reference emulator. VS should remake them when you try to launch the emulator again. :)

(You get to the virtual switch UI from hyper-v manager, there's a virtual switch manager link on the right).

===

• edited July 2016

I've deleted the one virtual network switch that was there. No change, still can't run the HoloLens emulator. The HoloLens emulator has never appeared in hyper-v, I think it crashes out before it ever gets added.

• Yeah, I think it's crashing trying to make the VM. Can you create a VM through the Hyper-V manager?

(And I understand this is a pain, but I don't really know what's wrong.)

===

• :) Okay. that works.

===