Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

How to change the advance setting of network in hololens?

edited July 2016 in Questions And Answers

I have my hololens registered to my local develop network, which has multiple sub networks and its own proxy server. The hololens has problem to get right ip-address. I tried to change the advanced network settings of hololens but without success. Now my questions:
1. Is it possible to assign the hololens with fixed ip address and subnet address?
2. Is it possible to change the address of the DHCP server, or DNS server?
3. Is it possible to apple proxy setting with ip:port rather than a proxy-script to hololens?

All these are just standard features of network interface, but I failed to manage them in hololens.

Answers

• Not sure about first 2. For the proxy thing, the settings page cuts off at just the right place such that manual setup is hidden. Try scrolling on the proxy settings page.

• problem of 2) has been solved. Someone put an another DHCP Server in the network, therefore the hololens got the unexpected ip-address from the second DHCP server. By removing away the second DHCP server, there is no need to solve the problem 1).
    But problem 3) remains still open. Since the local-network, where the hololens is sitting on, sits behind firewall and proxy, I have to introduce an cntlm proxy server into to local network to handle authentication between local network and enterprise network, and specify that cntlm into the hololens network settings. But the hololens expects only a proxy-script rather than a proxy_ip:port variant. So I have to setup a apache server in the local network, and write a auto proxy script, but the hololens is still not able to get the internet connection over the proxy server. All other clients, mac pcs, Linux pcs and window pcs, work with both variants, proxy script and ip_port, only the hololens doesn't work!

• I think I may have already found out the reason why hololens wifi doesn't work in a network which is not connected to internet directly. The hololens network manager just turns off the network if it finds out there is no internet connection on this interface. The wifi connection shows active state, but the host is not reachable.
    Since I never used windows 10, I am not sure whether it is a feature of windows 10, or the bug of hololens?

• Can you not scroll down on the proxy settings page?

• The proxy settings doesn't work at all! It doesn't accept proxy_ip:port, but only automatic proxy script e.g. proxy_config.domain.com. Therefore I setup an apache server in that local network, and brought the proxy script to the web-service. But the hololens still doesn't work. The hololens is NOT reachable at all in the local network!!!

• Proxy settings do accept ip:port in the manual setup. To get to the manual setup section, scroll down on the proxy settings page.

• thanks a lot!
    that is my mistake I didn't scroll down deep enough to see the third option of proxy settings which I wanted from every beginning. I got it now after I installed windows 10 as virtual box in my pc, and made accustomed with windows 10.