Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Spatial Mapping

How to do spatial mapping?

Answers

• In the Hologram 100 tutorial, I could export the Visual Studio solution. I could not proceed to Hologram 230. Any help will be appreciated.

• AlexDAlexD ✭✭✭

You can download the Visual Studio solution for the 230 tutorial from the page I linked above. Here's the link for the solution directly. Hope this works

• There was no .sln file. I created one using Unity from the completed subfolder. When I try to load the created .sln, I get the message as "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded properly. Please see the output window for more detail"

• Here is the output window "C:\HolographicAcademy-Holograms-230-SpatialMapping\Completed\Planetarium\Planetarium.CSharp.csproj : error : The project file 'C\HolographicAcademy-Holograms-230-SpatialMapping\Completed\Planetarium\Planetarium.CSharp.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.
    I am going to check the Planetarium.CSharp.csproj

Any idea?

• Step 1: opened Planetrium project in Unity 5.4.0b18-HTP
    Step 2: Created .sln file according to the tutorial
    Step 3: Could not open the Planetarium.sln created by Unity.
    Step 4: Opened the Planetarium.CSharp.csproj file
    Step 5: build solution
    Step 6: Attach to Unity and Play - message - "Attach Unity Instance"

Could not deploy.

Any help will be appreciated.

• I wonder if your visual studio needs to be updated. Here's what mine looks like:

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• In Holograms-230 I am stuck in Part 1 after "Change the Platform to x86.". Could not go to Part 2.

I need some more help.

• Installed everything in visual studio as per instruction. I have community edition. I cannot open the .sln file. It still gives error as " C:\HolographicAcademy-Holograms-230-SpatialMapping\planet\planet.CSharp.csproj : error : The project file 'C:\HolographicAcademy-Holograms-230-SpatialMapping\planet\planet.CSharp.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

The "planet.CSharp.csproj" is there and it can be opened.

Help needed.

• I do not have the device. I am working with the emulator.

• I have another machine and I have installed enterprise version. Upgraded as per instruction. Able to open and build the .sln file created from Unity.

Selected Hololens Emulator 10.0.14342.1018!

I have network and my ip address is 10.0.0.81

I do not have the device and I am using emulator. Used EmulatorSetup.exe to setup the emulator.

I am working with the tutorial as follows:

Emulator

1.Click on the arrow next to the Device button, and select HoloLens Emulator.
    2.Select Debug > Start without debugging

When I try to deploy, I get the following error:

------ Deploy started: Project: HelloHolograms, Configuration: Release x86 ------

2>DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device 'A2152254-0A5F-7C78-A684-1D8072A02DF5'.':
    2>MissingMethodException - Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity.RemoteDevice.Ping()'.
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I will appreciate our help.

• ContextVRContextVR ✭✭✭

@Balbul_Saha I had to install Remote Tools for Visual Studio 2015 to get around this, see if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48155