Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Wave 1 Folks: Have You Received Your Purchase Link Yet?

BryanBryan ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Questions And Answers

Wave 1 Folks: Have You Received Your Purchase Link Yet? 132 votes

Yes
21% 28 votes
No
59% 79 votes
No - I'm not in Wave 1
18% 25 votes

Comments

• bernieSFbernieSF ✭✭
    edited March 2016

I'm on wave 1, but no purchase link yet. This thing it's making me nervous

• Agreed, In wave one but no purchase link yet, freaking out

• @EricM said:
    Agreed, In wave one but no purchase link yet, freaking out

In another thread the admins said it might take several weeks.
    http://forums.hololens.com/discussion/25/dev-kit-invitation[forums.hololens.com/discussion/25/dev-kit-invitation]

I expect when the buy links start coming out we'll hear on this forum pretty quickly.

• Looks like today one more person received the purchase link for a total of 2...

• I did and placed an order

• Wave 1 but no purchase link yet

• Now 21 full days since the wave 1 approval email and only 10 days away from the official launching date, but no purchase link yet. I don't know what is Microsoft waiting for. :/:|

• @bernieSF said:
    Now 21 full days since the wave 1 approval email and only 10 days away from the official launching date, but no purchase link yet. I don't know what is Microsoft waiting for. :/:|

Drop price, Increase availability (ship everywhere) & quantity,hopefully.
    behram

• @behram said:

@bernieSF said:
    Now 21 full days since the wave 1 approval email and only 10 days away from the official launching date, but no purchase link yet. I don't know what is Microsoft waiting for. :/:|

Drop price, Increase availability (ship everywhere) & quantity,hopefully.
    behram

Eh, price seems alright. They want these in the hands of developers and not people looking to consume them before release date. A hefty price tag is one way to almost guarantee developers will get them. The price will definitely be a lot cheaper for consumer release. I'd imagine it will be around $1200 give or take.

• Wave 1 but no purchase link yet.

• mr0ngmr0ng ✭✭

I wish the purchase link would come quickly, but it does make me feel better that virtually everyone else has also not received the link. Thanks for creating this poll.

• Seeing this poll drives me to a quick conclusion: Wave 1 is made by about 50 individuals. We are very lucky guys!

• I've sent them email. They said it will be delayed. I don't think they are ready. Overall it seems very fresh device. I would glad to see 3rd party review about this device. May be is' not wort to buy it.

• The other issue which is very questionable, they told me that my email is not in a "white list", however, I have sent them my email with wave 1 approval and only than they told me to wait. It seems they lost the track in this process and they have oh wow "white list". I think Microsoft does not know how do build solid community around their innovations.

• I received a response from Microsoft concerning the Wave 1 email invitations to purchase. The invitations themselves may roll out over a period of two to three months. So don't lose hope! See below for the entire email response that I received.

Hello D****,

Thank you for reaching out – we have not yet sent you the invitation with the instructions on how to access the private online store. Stay tuned, we hope to be able to contact you soon. Please note that these invitations may roll out over a period of two to three months. (oh and it’s independent from your MSDN subscription )

Kind regards,

V****

• I don't have my invite yet. also on wave 1

• @danakinw Thanks for posting that!

• It would be interesting to see updated poll numbers since Build when dev kits started to ship on March 30th. Prior to Build there were already 4 Yes votes. I spoke to at least one Wave 1 dev at the Holographic Academy who placed their order after that.

Looking forward to being able to place the order for our devices.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Any new invites? Wave 1 here and waiting patiently.

• Still no link here
  • wave 1 and no link yet

• Some notification of where we are in the shipping order would be nice, to plan out resource allocation. So far I'm a little disappointed to have absolutely no communication specific to shipping status - even Oculus has sent out personalized "sorry, your order is important to us but we are having parts supply delays and will keep you posted" messages.

• james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭
    Oculus has done a good job and the devices for kickstarter peeps was brilliant. on the other hand I haven't heard from HTC since I preordered the Vive a month ago. They just took my money. Meta 2 is 6 months away from shipping. And no one has heard from Magic Leap for months. Daqri is supposed to be shipping around now but it's a 5K device.

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• We are having some frustration here. We have a team with our best people (Chief of Training Division, Chief of Ops Support, devs from Applied Technology Services...) and everybody are just holding back a lot of things just to have enough space on their schedule to accommodate the HL projects. I hope MS understand we are developers, and we can't live only for HL. I made a giant effort just to coordinate a lot of people involved to make this happen, but honestly MS isn't helping me.

• Just got my order invitation email, so they are still rolling out.

• @james_ashley said:
    Oculus has done a good job and the devices for kickstarter peeps was brilliant. on the other hand I haven't heard from HTC since I preordered the Vive a month ago. They just took my money. Meta 2 is 6 months away from shipping. And no one has heard from Magic Leap for months. Daqri is supposed to be shipping around now but it's a 5K device.

But this is MICROSOFT. I've been using your software since my first TRS-80 CoCo in 1980. Get with it and show your heritage proud!

I just received a confirmation of being in Wave 1 and to expect my device in the next 2-3 months. See last paragraph.

• In case anyone hasn't received the latest email from MicrosoftHoloLens.com it includes a link to a page where you can log in and check your application status: https://www.holotechinfo.com/

Not a lot of new info, but it might be reassuring and better than nothing for anyone who is worried.

Maybe someone who has just received their link to the store can check their status page before purchasing and check if it says anything different than the standard wave 1 status that the rest of us see and let the rest of us know what to watch for

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• mr0ngmr0ng ✭✭

Wave 1, still no purchase link.

• Microsoft is very slow. After watching few reviews this technology seems very fresh and very far away from commercial use.