Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Submitting your app to the store

Congratulations, you just finished developing your new HoloLens application and are ready to submit it to the Windows Store!

Before starting the process, take some time to review the Submitting an app to the Windows Store page.

If your application is for HoloLens only, be sure to do this step to avoid confusion with regards to the devices on which it is to be tested.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• :smile: 顶!非常期待在HoloLens上使用到更多的应用!

• We are also developing App Store that will be unofficial but still you can sell your Apps with our website.

We also develop Hololens and Mixed Reality Apps so please stay in touch with us.

Thanks

• sptspt ✭✭

Is the store ever going to be updated? I have seen the same apps there for several weeks now.

• Hi David,

I submitted my Holographic Apps and it's rejected for twice. The reason was same, "App is not testable" and I realized the reviewer use Acer Iconia W700 and Lumia 925. Honestly our app was developed specifically for HoloLens purpose. We had 2 hololens in our place and the App run perfectly without any issue in both Hololens. So, do you have any suggestion about this issue? Is it possible to publish App specifically for HoloLens device? therefore the reviewer can test our apps using hololens as well. Quite frustrated with this situation. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

• Hi David,

I submitted my Holographic Apps and it's rejected for twice. The reason was same, "App is not testable" and I realized the reviewer use Acer Iconia W700 and Lumia 925. Honestly our app was developed specifically for HoloLens purpose. We had 2 hololens in our place and the App run perfectly without any issue in both Hololens. So, do you have any suggestion about this issue? Is it possible to publish App specifically for HoloLens device? therefore the reviewer can test our apps using hololens as well. Quite frustrated with this situation. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

@DavidKlineMS said:
    Congratulations, you just finished developing your new HoloLens application and are ready to submit it to the Windows Store!

Before starting the process, take some time to review the Submitting an app to the Windows Store page.

If your application is for HoloLens only, be sure to do this step to avoid confusion with regards to the devices on which it is to be tested.

Thanks!

• sptspt ✭✭
    edited August 2016

First, be sure to set the target to Holographic as that link says to do.
    Next, and this is important I think, when you submit it you get a chance to give comments for the testing. Make sure to say in that comment that this is for Hololens.
    It will take a day or two for them to get to your application, then they will notice this comment and forward it to the Hololens tester, then a few days later it will be tested, and a few days later be downloadable from the store via a cryptical link.

Someday they might update the actual hololens store so it shows up :(

• Thanks for your suggestion spt.
    I've tried to resubmit my apps with the notes as you said.
    Hopefully this time will go through the certification process.

Cheers,

@spt said:
    First, be sure to set the target to Holographic as that link says to do.
    Next, and this is important I think, when you submit it you get a chance to give comments for the testing. Make sure to say in that comment that this is for Hololens.
    It will take a day or two for them to get to your application, then they will notice this comment and forward it to the Hololens tester, then a few days later it will be tested, and a few days later be downloadable from the store via a cryptical link.

Someday they might update the actual hololens store so it shows up :(

• Hello,
    I have two HoloLens apps completed and uploaded to the app store but the apps DO NOT show up under the "HoloGraphic" category. I have followed the documentation along with the advice at the top of this thread. And, I have been communicating with Windows Support but still no resolution. I have noticed where other developers have run into this same issue and apparently Microsoft, once a week - according to my research here, has to migrate the apps "Manually". The Apps are entitled; "Holo GIS" & "Holo CFD" If indeed Microsoft has to move them manually, I would like to ask for this to be done please. Otherwise, if I have made a mistake, would you please inform me of what I need to do, to resolve this issue. Thanks you
    Paul

Links to the apps:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/holo-gis/9phnm1bwb1bd
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/holo-cfd/9ndtz21vc8c6