Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Deployment Error. Suggestions Needed.

I have never had problems deploying before today. Attempting to "Start without Debugging" yields a deployment error due to the network.
My IP had not changed (I use local IP) and verified it on the hololens and vis studio settings.
I tried using IP from Cortana's "What is my IP",
I tried Using the automatically recognized Hololens in visual studio (instead of IP altogether)
I tried Unpairing,
I tried Resetting Hololens from the settings menu, still no luck.
I tried manually pairing (my surface pro 3) to the hololens, but that oddly enough produced a bug where Vis Studio asked for my pairing code (even though the 2 devices already had a connection), which when I went and retrieved from hololens, yet after entering the code I still got a network error (and the hololens never acknoledged the acceptance of that code -aka pairing code stuck on cancel button, not done button).
Deleting the manual pairing between the devices allowed me to deploy again, which caused the hololens to switch the pairing dialog to done, but still I get the same error as below.

Any Suggestions?

2>------ Deploy started: Project: NewProject1, Configuration: Release x86 ------
Creating a new clean layout...
Copying files: Total 42 mb to layout...
DEP8000 : Unexpected deployment failure : OperationFailedException : The network event being waited on triggered an error.
DEP0600 : The following unexpected error occurred during deployment:
Failed to deploy through new deployment pipeline.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Best Answer

• sptspt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Is it possible you disabled developer mode when you reset it? Make sure it is still in developer mode.
    Also try using the portal (type ip into a web browser) and make sure that it can connect. You can also note if there is an issue listed on the main page.

Answers

• sptspt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Is it possible you disabled developer mode when you reset it? Make sure it is still in developer mode.
    Also try using the portal (type ip into a web browser) and make sure that it can connect. You can also note if there is an issue listed on the main page.

• Connecting to the portal seemed to fix the issue. Thanks!