Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Cant deploy to the Hololens emulator.

Hi,
I just update my PC to VS 2015 update 2 + hololens emulator + unity stuff.
I have downloaded the galaxy explorer sample.
compiled it
but I'm not able to make it running in the emulator
the error:
Error DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device 'F957827B-6FC8-4538-A5BA-3B3807152A56'.':

any idea?

Answers

• Saw this earlier, 1. make sure you install the tools.
    2. make sure the VM is running when you launch it in VS.Net. You can check it using Hyper-V - which means you need Hyper -V installed.

If you're using a surface book - disable the Intel HD graphics card using Device manager

Dwight Goins
    CAO & Founder| Independent Architect | Trainer and Consultant | Sr. Enterprise Architect
    MVP | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer
    http://dgoins.wordpress.com

• the VM is starting correctly. the Hololens emulator is loaded and working fine. I can move my head etc... in it.
    but VS appear to not be able to publish the app to it.

• wintermootwintermoot ✭✭
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the help @Dwight_Goins_EE_MVP. All set now! Had to fix my VM to support nesting, upgrade to windows pro, etc :)

Now I'm down to the following error. I did install the remote tools from here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=534786

Note that the Update 2 remote tools were needed :)

• What Does your device portal say?

Dwight Goins
    CAO & Founder| Independent Architect | Trainer and Consultant | Sr. Enterprise Architect
    MVP | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer

• My Emulator is Fine. Windows 10 build 14295. Uninstall VS 2015 update 2 RC, must have fresh new install of latest VS 2015 Update 2, 30th March 2016.
    Configure to install UWP Windows 10 SDK.
    Start VS2015 New Project VC++ -> Universal -> Holographic. Build the example template.
    Debug. If you get error "AppxManifest.xml) failed with error 0x80073CFD". Its because you selected "Local Machine", when you needed to select "HoloLens Emulator 10.xxxx.yyyy" as the target.
    First time through error needs elevated priority to get this running, acknowledge yes ok to prompts

When its started you get a spinning DX11 example box.

• ok... I'll uninstall VS2015 and reinstall it to cleanup my system and let you know the result.

• still the same problem.
    the error is still the same but with this:
    FileLoadException - Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

• I am getting similar results running on Windows 10 pro VS 2015 community update 2, I also can see and use edge web pages in emulator so I know its running and connected. I did the GalaxyExplorer from github which failed, then did the simplest template universal app and got same results below:

1>------ Deploy started: Project: App1, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
    1>DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device 'F957827B-6FC8-4538-A5BA-3B3807152A56'.':
    1>MissingMethodException - Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity.RemoteDevice.Ping()'.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

• @Jerome said:
    still the same problem.
    FileLoadException - Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

we're going to look into this with the team and get back to you if we need more info.

• @CoreyGoff said:

@Jerome said:
    still the same problem.

we're going to look into this with the team and get back to you if we need more info.

Did you have access to pre-release tools?

• no, I dont have access to them, how can we get them?

• Hi,

I have a similar issue. The emulator starts fine, but deploying GalaxyExplorer fails with:

Error DEP6957 : Failed to connect to device '169.254.166.187' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings. 0x8007274C: The network event being waited on triggered an error. GalaxyExplorer

When I open up this IP address in a browser, everything looks fine:

Any ideas? I'm using a Surface Pro 4 with 8 GB RAM and Windows 10 Pro Build 10586.

Thanks,
    Oliver

• when i got this error i had to kill the xde process and start it again. you can open task mgr to see if xde is running if so kill it. use this thread to learn about how to launch it stand alone.

Dwight Goins

• @Dwight_Goins_EE_MVP said:
    when i got this error i had to kill the xde process and start it again. you can open task mgr to see if xde is running if so kill it. use this thread to learn about how to launch it stand alone.

I'm having the same issue, but don't see XDE running in Task Manager.

Just installed Remote Tools, but that didn't help either.

Error indicates an assembly is missing somewhere, just not sure where to obtain.

• I was able to successfully deploy by updating Windows SDK version to 10.0.10586. Now, after deploying, I see my sample app for a second, then nothing (just black screen). Anyone else having this issue?

• Getting these errors:

• Try switching to Debug instead of Release

@Ash said:
    Getting these errors:

• AshAsh
    edited April 2016

Still getting the same errors :(

• I am getting this error as below:
    ****"Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device 'F957827B-6FC8-4538-A5BA-3B3807152A56'.':
    NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Origami** **
    "

Any help is appreciated??

• I was getting these errors for days.

See my answer here: http://forums.hololens.com/discussion/238/dep6100-the-following-unexpected-error-occurred-during-bootstrapping-stage#latest

Basically I uninstalled EVERYTHING that was related to Visual Studio and re-installed Visual Studio Community and then the Emulator and then Unity.

• I tried removing and re-installing Visual Studio and now Unity can't even build the player because of compiler errors... :/

• @Ash said:
    I tried removing and re-installing Visual Studio and now Unity can't even build the player because of compiler errors... :/

Unfortunately you have to uninstall both Unity products Unity64(5.4) and Unity HoloLens 5.4.0b10-HTP (64-bit). Then re install as in the https://developer.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/holographic/install_the_tools

The sequence seems to be important, but I cannot see why. If done out of sequence nothing seems to work just error messages.

• AshAsh
    edited April 2016

Oh darn. I just uninstalled all of Visual Studio and reinstalled (but didn't do the same for Unity).
    Thanks. Looks like a fun couple of hours ahead today :).

• I am having same issue. Tried reinstall Vs but had no luck. Cannot deploy to the device and emulator with this error.

FileLoadException - Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Tools.ConnectivityVersion=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040

I can deploy through device portal with .appx package but takes too long & cannot debug. Anybody found the correct solution for this? I also have tried installing Remote Tools Update.

Thanks!

• JeromeJerome ✭✭

make sure the target version to 10586 and min version to 10240

• Maybe you are using a wrong windows SDK witch could be installed by VS custom installing. You can try uninstall "Windows Software Development Kit" on "program and feature", and install one here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk

Maybe you need fix your solution by missed feature when you open your project again.

• Try this

open regedit and go to

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SirepClient

change value of DisableProtocol3 value to "0".

• @waqar said:
    Try this

open regedit and go to

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SirepClient

change value of DisableProtocol3 value to "0".

There is no "SirepClient" in my Current. Any idea why?

• I have tried almost everything discussed here. Still getting the same error. The emulator shows the same error "The emulator is unable to connect to the operating system: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Some functionality might be disabled."

and on the VS the error is:"
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '6C3DD314-EF85-06D2-68DF-7734EA48770B'.':
    ObjectDisposedException - Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'XdeServiceClient10_0'. Origami "

I have been struggling with this for a while now. Can anyone help?

• Im following up on this thread as well. As @isha95 reported, I continued to have issues even after attempting to follow the solutions proposed in this thread. Ultimately I overcame this issue and shared how to so in this thread. Hope this helps!