Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Anybody got a gamepad connected to Hololens yet?

2»

Answers

• edited August 2016

I'm really tempted to order one of these:

• I just wanted to update everyone real quick. In order to update your Xbox Wireless Controller (new white S controller) from within Windows 10 over USB you'll need to download the latest Anniversary edition and then get the latest Xbox Accessories app. Trying the accessories app on a standard Windows 10 install will NOT work.

Also, now that I have the controller working fine within Unity I can't seem to get the mapping to work correctly on the actually hololens. The left joystick (x,y axis) work fine but axis 4-5 (which works over bluetooth in Unity) does not work when connected to the hololens. I've tried other axis' but haven't found anything else that works yet. Next step is attempting to log all axis I suppose.

• I got the latest update on my S controller thru an Xbox One unit. The controller pairs & connects to the hololens, and I can get it to work with apps (example, Crossy Road). Haven't got it working in Unity yet, but I haven't got the latest build - I am on 5.4.0b14-HTP Personal. What version are you on?

• OK I updated to the latest build as well (Unity 540f3). In publishing settings, make sure to enable HumanInterfaceDevices. It definitely does work (at last!) with Xbox One S controller simply plug 'n play. Caveats:

As mentioned above by @CaptainMM, can't get all sticks to read. I get left analog, ABXY, and the shoulder bumpers all seem fine. Right analog, both triggers, and DP don't register.

Additionally my voice recognition script (derived from the origami scene) seems busted - also pretty important a custom shader I was using seems hosed as well. So I have some work cut out for me, but it is getting there.

• Hi I bought a "Speedy game controller" that is meant for iOS devices.
    After a few tries it does show up in the bluetooth list and I got it "paired". But I have no idea whether it actually works.
    I am trying to get this to work for my game AR Airplanes that currently is an iOS ARKit game. Would be very cool to get it to work on Hololens, but that's only feasible if a controller can be connected...

Is there a way to show ALL input in a Unity project running on hololens?

www.jelmerverhoog.nl (Tesla model 3 in AR, AR Airplanes on iOS)