Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

We'd love to hear your thoughts

The HoloLens team would love to learn about your experience with the program and with the device. You can share your opinions with the HoloLens team by responding to this survey.

By sharing your opinions in this survey (it should take about 10 minutes to complete), you will also become eligible to take part in future research (which might include other surveys, interviews, and more). By taking part, you’ll be an important part of the process of understanding the HoloLens user experience, helping us to refine the platform, create new experiences, and learn about developer needs.

We won't contact you more than twice a month and you can, of course, opt out of this program at any time you like.

Comments

• Options

oh sorry, that shouldn't be happening - we'll fix this asap. thanks for the feedback!

• Options

im in wave 2 do you think i will have an invite by the end of may?

• Options

HoloLens is the future of the augmented reality in the form of a compact and advanced model. The HoloLens is more of a computer, which can practically do all the work in front of your eyes. The devices have no strings or cords attached to it, which makes it extremely flexible to use. Wow really amazing device to use

• Options
    DanglingNeuronDanglingNeuron ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

I just got mine today.. so will fill the survey in a week .. need to deploy a prototype to it first :) but for First impressions... its a crime to not have one of these beauties!!

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

• Options

Hello My name is Bryan Shanks
    I HAVE ADHD.And my goal in life is to better people
    with a learning disability with technology.
    All of my life i've struggled with focusing because of
    my learning disability. But technology has always been
    a helpful tool.
    Today on Wednesday June 15,2016 I'm introducing my idea
    LEARN.
    LEARN is a mobile application for the Microsoft Hololens.
    An untethered Holographic Computer.
    LEARN is going to teach student or anyone with a learning
    disability
    Mathematics,ELA,Science And Occupational Therapy.
    The application is centered around the student.
    First you sign up. Once you've setup your account.
    and logged in.
    The tutorial will find out what the application needs
    teach.
    If you a school or education organization.
    The application can be setup online.
    and setup to the standards of the student.
    It can also be setup for specfics subject.
    I've thought of the idea. But I cannot create
    this application without you.
    That you the backers come in.
    I'm starting a completely non-profit organization.
    And will give back to the community around the state.
    Giving grants and supplies to Schools And Education Organizations.
    I've already been to approved for Wave 5 of The Microsoft HoloLens Developer
    Program.
    Please help me created idea and make it a reality.
    Thank You.

Support me!
    now!
    a helpful tool.
    LEARN.
    disability
    and logged in.
    teach.
    Program.
    Thank You.
    a helpful tool.
    LEARN.
    disability
    and logged in.
    teach.
    Program.
    Thank You.

• Options
    AlexDAlexD ✭✭✭

A bit late to the game, but completed the survey!

• Options

Just 2 days usage.
    1. **Network Password Make the keyboard letters large in the initial setup: ** Before calibration on the new Hololens, it is awful to enter the Network password. Please make the keyboard letters large in the initial setup.
    2. **Scroll: Keep the scroll button(reticle) "OFF" as default in the EDGE or any APP frame. **Scroll Button by default is "ON or selected" on the frame. So the window(holographic window needs to be touched or selected in any where (in the browser) before using scroll. It took after multiple tries of wasting many times for at least 15 minutes. (who reads documentation or watch videos for scrolling). Then after frustration, watched Gestures Video in the bloom screen-main menu for the first time. "No scroll explanation" in that video. Keep it always off - once it is clicked, show the Scroll Circle. ( If there is scroll is in another embedded window , let it be picked/selected in that frame).

• Options
    utekaiutekai ✭✭✭

Visions of a valuable and useful api for 3d space developers ....

Facial recognition, to detect and identify those in the camera's field of view. The Face API doesn't quite do that. https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services/en-us/face-api. Computer vision doesn't quite do it either ... https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services/en-us/computer-vision-api

Emotion detection during the actual conversation ... in real time. The emotion api doesn't quite do it https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services/en-us/computer-vision-api.

Directional audio detection. With 4 mics the hololens should be able to detect direction. Amazon Echo does it exceedingly well but uses 7 mics.

Why not use video AND audio for emotion detection?

My vision of mixed, augmented and enhanced reality is in a dynamic environment, and the tool (hololens or other) enhances my knowledge and capability to interact with that dynamic environment around me, where ever I might be in that moment.

Am I with a client and need more details about her business, or family? Yes, and I want a hololens app to tell me all that automatically, to recognize the person, to realize the context, to feed me information that enhances our interaction.

Most of us saw Arnold as the Terminator, and saw he didn't have a popup 3D animation of a cute little bunny with floppy ears or a sad cat to feed him suggestions on how to interact with some yelling motel janitor standing outside the door, no, just minimalist and effective augmented reality. Bring it! Please. Or as Arnold said in that scene ... well, go see for yourself www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=LUZgPfdkWis

• Options
    Please bring Windows Holographic to the Surface Phone
  • Options
    CurvSurfCurvSurf ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Please provide:

• Depth data, and
    • Their orientation referenced to a known coordinate frame
    • More support & resources for DirectX (compared with Unity) developers.
  • Options

Please make it easier to buy for companies outside of the US. Surely it's time to open availability to the wider world?

• Options

Hi,

We're blown away at the HoloLens!

We have done all the tutorials in the Academy and written some exploratory demos. But we've found that the development cycle using Unity is quite heavy and we think that the Unity framework isn't the right direction for our kind of apps (scientific visualization). The VS2015 C# and C++ templates are nice but we need more tutorials and directions.

One of the things we'll like to explore are apps like the Hologram app that came out of the box and 3D Viewer. Apps that don't take up the entire HoloLens and can be run side by side with other apps and that the user can resize with 3D handles. In another forum, a user responded to my post and said that it isn't possible right now. There is so little information that I can't ascertain whether it's true or not and even if it is possible there isn't a clear path on how to do that.

It seems about time for a web conference with Q/A session with the HoloLens team?

Thanks

• Options

Ok just filled in the Survey!!!

creative mind, free thinker, dreamer, maker, mostly working on games and doodling around with gadgets, Sphered Cazual/Elite/Master of the Universe/Dad/Husband @mariovermeulen

• Options

@Ash said:
    Please make it easier to buy for companies outside of the US. Surely it's time to open availability to the wider world?

That was quick! I underestimated the power of this thread :smile:

• Options

@Ash hahaha :)

• Options

Hi All,

Just bought my hololens and waiting for delivery. look forward to collaboration with all

• Options

The topic threading in this forum is not working correctly. (Chrome/Win 10). Threads aren't indented or presented hierarchically so conversations seem to rewind a few steps and re-commence from that earlier step in the thread, causing repetition of comments that are presented as if they were new but are repetitions of older comments. If forum moderators aren't seeing this I can provide a video snapshot of what it looks like for me.

• Options
    sileiamsileiam
    edited December 2016

Can you publish the minecraft on hololens ? I want to play it very much !