How to get scripts to compile - Get -unsafe on script when using holotoolkit

Another day another problem.

I followed the directions for using the holo toolkit. I opened up my new starter project imported my holo tooklit and just a litany of -unsafe errors.

I found an article that says to add a smcs.rsp (seems like an uncessary step) - I did this and still can't compile unsafe. Is there a setting in unity that I can just say yes use this don't try to second guess my work .

Answers

• edited September 2016

Do you also have the csc.rsp and gmcs.rsp files as well?

They're exactly the same as smcs.rsp with the "-unsafe" keyword in it.

Also, try deleting the .sln and csproj files in your projects root folder and have unity re-create the project files from scratch. This should help.

Stephen Hodgson
    Microsoft HoloLens Agency Readiness Program
    Virtual Solutions Developer at Saab
    HoloToolkit-Unity Moderator

• I will give this a try what are csc files. I haven't heard of that one anywhere.

• edited September 2016

csc.rsp with the string -unsafe.

It's exactly like the others. It's a file that contains the compiler options.
    I think each is for a different language, but I'm not entirely sure.

Stephen Hodgson
    Microsoft HoloLens Agency Readiness Program
    Virtual Solutions Developer at Saab
    HoloToolkit-Unity Moderator

• if you aren't using the sharing stuff, you could also delete the sharing folder from the HoloToolkit-if you are planning to submit to the store, I suggest taking this route instead. There are changes coming that will remove the need for these 'unsafe' compile flags to enable the sharing component.

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• That's funny that's what I did was delete the shared folder. Thanks for the update on the changes. Just trying to get a nice clean holo house. I just gave a talk at the design conference on holo UX and want to create some more things :)