Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Using WorldAnchorStore in Unity Editor

I was trying this out in the unity editor, but for some reason WorldAnchorStore.GetAsync(AnchorStoreReady); never completes.

Is there not a way to get the WorldAnchorStore in the Unity Editor?

For clarification, I'm playing the vanilla sharing scene from the Unity Editor with the sharing service running locally, after setting a break point in ImportExportAnchorManager.cs in the AnchorStoreReady GetAsyncDelegate method.

Stephen Hodgson
Microsoft HoloLens Agency Readiness Program
Virtual Solutions Developer at Saab
HoloToolkit-Unity Moderator

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Anchors are stored relative to positions in the real world. Since you don't have access to the real world inside of Unity, it's going to be very tough to get anchors to work in that environment.

• edited September 2016

The documentation for the sharing kit Tests says 3. Either click "Play" in the unity editor or Deploy to device. This implies it should work in editor, as well as on device.

I've also worked on other projects while at Microsoft where we were able to play in editor and see remote users as well. I wasn't involved in that aspect of the project (nor have access to it any longer), but it could be doable, or at the very least faked, or I could just be completely off base on how it was achieved. haha.

Stephen Hodgson

• In the editor the sharing scene effectively treats the anchor as the scene origin.

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• edited September 2016

@Patrick said:
    In the editor the sharing scene effectively treats the anchor as the scene origin.

Okay, so then is WorldAnchorStore.GetAsync(AnchorStoreReady); ever supposed to get an anchor store while playing in editor?

Stephen Hodgson

• I had the same issue. One way around it would be to implement unities scriptable objects to save Anchor points at runtime in the editor.