Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Difficulty in setting up HoloGrams 100 tutorial

ctsholoctsholo
edited October 2016 in Questions And Answers

Hello all,
I experienced a couple of problems while following HoloGrams 100 tutorial
1. Unity showing these warnings in console after Build
2. The Visual studio solution was outside the App folder like this
3. Visual studio solution was empty

And this is my VS version

And this is my Unity Version

In HoloGrams 100 Tutorial am stuck in Chapter 4 sub topic - "Export the visual studion Solution"
So where exactly am I going wrong? Help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Make sure you open the solution that was created in the App directory. Two are created for some reason, but I'm not well versed enough in Visual Studio to tell you why that is.

• @paradoxymoron Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that the "App" folder is empty.

• james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭

It looks like you put it in the folder called UWP (guessing). It has the same date.

Alternatively, just export to visual studio again from Unity and keep track of which folder you are creating the new project in.

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• @james_ashley said:
    It looks like you put it in the folder called UWP (guessing). It has the same date.

Alternatively, just export to visual studio again from Unity and keep track of which folder you are creating the new project in.

@james_ashley Thanks for the reply. Again the UWP project has these files
    And am pretty sure that I selected the App folder for exporting from Unity. I tried it multiple number of times and I get the same errors mentioned above in the screenshots. I tried Unistalling / repairing Visual Studio 15. Now I thinking to uninstall VS15 install VS community edition.

• @ctsholo the Enterprise version of VS should work fine.

Have you checked to see if you have the UWA dev tools feature installed in your Visual Studio?

When you Build in Unity what does your build settings screen look like? have you switched the platform to Windows Store and set the SDK to Windows 10?

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• @HoloSheep I checked for UWA dev tools, seems it was not installed in my VS. And when I tried this was the result I got

Any workaround for this?

• @ctsholo you might try the suggestions from here.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings