Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Actiongram Beta available now!

MattZMattZ admin
edited September 2016 in Actiongram Beta

Beginning this morning, Actiongram Beta is available to all HoloLens users in the Windows Store. The app should be live by 10 am Pacific time. If you download the app before then, and see a “coming soon” message, just check Windows Store for an update to the app after 10 am.

We’re excited to announce that Actiongram Beta includes George Takei, Grumpy Cat, and Nyan Cat, alongside a large gallery of holographic characters and effects.

Get creative! And be sure to share the mixed reality videos you create on your favorite social networks with #Actiongram so we can check them out.

Actiongram is in beta, so please share feedback and ideas in this forum!

Known issues in version 1.1608.2312.0:

• The setting to start voice commands with “Actiongram” may be incorrectly switched “ON” when starting the application. It can be toggled back to “OFF” in the Advanced Settings page of the settings.
  • Some holograms may appear darker after manipulating them. To resolve this, create a new copy of the hologram from the gallery.
  • The app may become unresponsive when resuming a previous session. You can work around this by restarting the unit or by closing the app using the Device Portal.
  • The app may need to be restarted if you save the stage while some holograms are downloading. Wait until all holograms have downloaded before saving the stage.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thank You . I am a very happy camper . Cant wait to get home and start creating Holo Vids

• @Matt Hi Matt, I seem to be unable to download the Actiongram app from the Windows Store. I receive a popup message stating to ask a parent or guardian to help when I try to download the app.
  • @Jason said:
    @Matt Hi Matt, I seem to be unable to download the Actiongram app from the Windows Store. I receive a popup message stating to ask a parent or guardian to help when I try to download the app.

Hey @Jason, that typically happens when your Microsoft account associated with the device is set as a child's (or managed) account. Can you sign into your Microsoft account online and confirm that your age is saved in there as over 18 and that the account isn't asking you to verify your age? I haven't seen any other reports of this issue, so it may be localized to your MSA.

• JasonJason ✭✭
    edited September 2016

@MattZ Hi Matt, I thought the same cause to the issue however it does not seem to be age related. This is the first time I have experienced the age message popup from trying to download an app from the store.

I associated 2 accounts to my main MSA account as family members (but not child; all 3 members are listed as parent). The 2 associated accounts are for each HoloLens device (I own 2). All 3 accounts have their ages set well above 18. Perhaps it could be related to the associated accounts?

• JasonJason ✭✭
    edited September 2016

@MattZ Hi Matt, I received the popup message again today when I tried to download the Actiongram app. It states that I need to ask a parent or guardian for help. I thought it might have been a store issue yesterday as the store was down throughout the day but is back online today.

I have been able to download all other Microsoft or non-Microsoft apps without any issue so it is a bit puzzling that I received the message when trying to download the Actiongram app as this was the first time. In fact I was able to download 2 other apps tonight without any problem from the store.

I initially outreached to Microsoft asking if I could use the 2 family member accounts I created (linked to my main MSA account) for each HoloLens device, this wasn't an issue. I'm not sure if there is an account issue on my end or an issue with the store?

The ages of all accounts are above 18 years of age. Is anyone else receiving this age popup warning message?

Is there another way to download the Actiongram app to test it out?

• maxpowermaxpower
    edited September 2016

• @Jason said:
    Hi Matt, I received the popup message again today when I tried to download the Actiongram app. It states that I need to ask a parent or guardian for help.

Hi @Jason, could you please try with other apps such as Young Conker and Fragments?

I'm a Microsoft employee and a member of the HoloLens team, however I do not always speak on behalf of Microsoft.

• Hi @CesarGar, I have successfully downloaded every other Microsoft and non-Microsoft app in the Windows Store. Even as a test just now I uninstalled Young Conker app and then re-installed successfully without incident.
  • Hello Guys !! Anyone know about Actiongram disappearing on your hololens ? I dont see it any more . I had it pinned to my start menu but it vanished. I try to re-download it and it will show me the install button once I hit install it will start install but close out really fast as if it recognizes I had it before. Any Ideas ?

• @JLaSalle, please use the Device Portal to uninstall the app and download it again from the Store.

I'm a Microsoft employee and a member of the HoloLens team, however I do not always speak on behalf of Microsoft.

• Is the download still available for ActionGram? I can't find it on the Store.

• @RobC said:
    Is the download still available for ActionGram? I can't find it on the Store.

Actiongram is still showing up for me on the Store home page...