Mixed reality developer documentation moving to a new platform
Hey everyone! I wanted to give a quick heads-up that tomorrow, March 21, you may notice that we're moving all of our HoloLens and Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset development and design documentation to a new (to us) platform: docs.microsoft.com.
Here's what changes with that transition:
- The documentation "code" (in Markdown; well, Markdig technically) will be hosted on GitHub so, if you set up a free GitHub account, you'll be able to contribute to documentation by editing the pages and submitting a pull request to the 'master' branch!
- You'll be able to comment on articles to add clarification, ask questions, or make content recommendations.
- You'll be able to rate articles, and let us know if they're helping you (though if they aren't, please contribute changes directly or leave comments on the article letting us know what isn't working so we can make it better).
- We'll be able to publish changes and updates in almost real-time.
- There will be a table of contents with a search filter to help you find articles.
- Searching from within the documentation (using the search box in the top right) will automatically filter search results to mixed reality documentation.
And here's what stays the same:
- All of the content you've come to rely on will still be there. There may be some formatting or layout errors because of the platform and underlying code changes, but we'll try to sniff those out quickly.
- All of the URLs and bookmarks you've been using will still work thanks to automatic redirects.
Thanks for being a part of the mixed reality journey with us!