Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Wave 4 - Payment Question

Hello everyone, staff and members, I wanted to ask a question in regards to my wave (wave 4) and hardware payments. I am the sole project lead and developer on my application, I have been saving up since I was accepted and chosen for the HoloLens developer edition hardware/program. My question is, me being disabled 100% through the veterans affairs, I fear that I'm not going to still have enough money to cover my hardware costs, and if it comes down to it what are my options when my time is to pay?

I am not getting paid for this project and this development, this is development for individuals like myself with posttraumatic stress disorder, so I have to solely rely on the portion I can save every month from my Veterans Affairs disability.

Will Microsoft have a payment program or anything of the such to help us who can't afford the hardware even when saving.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing back about my possible continued future with HoloLens and its Development.

"Every single time you help somebody stand up, you are helping humanity rise." -Dr. Steve Maraboli

Answers

• Options

Hello,
    While we don't offer payment options unfortunately, we can ensure we provide you access to the store when you're ready. Wave 4 will be starting soon (as we're now serving each wave within 3 to 4 weeks) but we can keep keep your application on hold. Then, when you're ready, let us know and we will get you in the next round of invitations to purchase.
    I hope that helps
    Vanessa

• Options
    edited June 2016

@Vanessa said:
    Hello,
    While we don't offer payment options unfortunately, we can ensure we provide you access to the store when you're ready. Wave 4 will be starting soon (as we're now serving each wave within 3 to 4 weeks) but we can keep keep your application on hold. Then, when you're ready, let us know and we will get you in the next round of invitations to purchase.
    I hope that helps
    Vanessa

Thank you Vanessa, I'll keep on trying til I'm ready!

"Every single time you help somebody stand up, you are helping humanity rise." -Dr. Steve Maraboli