Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Emulator fails running solution

When I am learning tutorial 211, I just follow the steps and want to run solution in an emulator instead of the device. The solution is built and deployed successfully, and the emulator is launched successfully.

But it only shows system page like this:

The project does not run automatically on it. Any idea?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

@RosieLiu
    I expect you have "deployed" your solution. In which case you will have to "start" it from the Windows Device Port (world globe). Select Apps in menu, look in alphabetical list find your app select from drop down and start click back to emulator.
    If you are convinced there is a problem with your app got to "Completed" directory and use that version.
    Anyway press the space bar twice and the keypad enter key on keyboard
    Other than that try rebuilding as "Debug,x86,HoloLens Emulator"
    "Start without debugging"

• Options

I am using completed version for testing, but it is still not working. I try to start from Windows Device Port and it fails.

• Options

When you ran this were there any errors in the Visual Studio 2015 Error Window

• Options

No, it just says "build and deploy successfully".
    Just get this page once after several tries:

• Options

@RosieLiu,
    Your last image shows the starting view for the Holograms 211 (as well as 210 and 212) application. You will need to tap (via right clicking with the mouse or pressing Enter on your keyboard) to proceed.

This page describes working with the Emulator.

Thanks!
    David

• Options

@DavidKlineMS This is the page shows after I press enter to proceed. I could not get game page including Astroman on my screen.

• Options

And also, sometimes the program can not pop out and only emulator default page is shown. There is an error:

• Options

@RosieLiu,
    If you press enter at this screen, does the astronaut appear? I am presuming that the first time you press enter, it is at a tile similar to what you show in your first image.

Thanks!
    David

• Options

@DavidKlineMS No, nothing happens after I press Enter. It gets stuck at second page.

• Options

@RosieLiu,
    Thanks for the update. I will investigate and see what I can find.

Thanks!
    David

• Options

I'm facing the similar issue. Whenever I start any program it just keep on showing "tap to place".
    I'm not able to enable the "Human Input"

I tried re-installing the emulator but the problem is still there.

Also, every time I deploy the code following popup comes up

Following are the logs from output window:

'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'c:\data\Programs\WindowsApps\Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.0_1.0.23819.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\mscorlib.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\entrypoint\HoloOne.exe'. Symbols loaded.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Runtime.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.ApplicationModel.winmd'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.UI.winmd'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\UnityPlayer.winmd'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.Foundation.winmd'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.System.winmd'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\WinRTBridge.winmd'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\BridgeInterface.winmd'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Collections.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\UnityEngine.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\Assembly-CSharp.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\UnityEngine.Networking.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\UnityEngine.UI.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.IO.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Net.Primitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Private.Networking.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Reflection.Primitives.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Reflection.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Threading.Tasks.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Private.Uri.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Text.Encoding.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'HoloOne.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloOneVS.Debug_x86.harshgodha\System.Threading.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    Exception thrown: 'System.TypeLoadException' in Unknown Module.
    Activation of the Windows Store app 'HoloOne_pzq3xp76mxafg!App' failed with error 'Could not find or load a type'.
    The program '[4920] HoloOne.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).