Mixed Reality Portal without network

When my computer is connected to a router (wired or wireless), everything runs fine. The router doesn't even need to be connected to the Internet.

However, when I disable the wired NIC and disconnect the wireless NIC, the portal will not open, giving error code S0002361-101.

All updates have been applied. I'm using an HP OmenX backpack computer which passes all WMR checks.

Is there a requirement that the computer be connected to a network in order for Mixed Reality to work? Is this a bug that will be fixed in a future update? It is very difficult for me to imagine this being any kind of "feature".

The fact that no communication is necessary, only a network connection, implies that no handshaking is being done or required. There just seems to be some code in there asking "Am I on a network?", and if the answer is "no", then there will be no Mixed Reality.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this?

Comments

• Hey @Craniac

My name is Joe and I work on the Mixed Reality team at Microsoft. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, it may be a bug that we need to follow up on! Thanks for your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

-Joe