Synchronize childrens transform in synchronized prefab.

Hi,

currently i am working on a shared experience app.

I came into trouble when trying to use the HoloToolkit and synchronize a prefab's children transforms. I am using the PrefabSpawnManager from the toolkit and built an own SpawnManager on top of it.

I tried to apply the ISyncModelAccessor, the SyncSpawnedObject as DataModel and the TransformSynchronizer to the children GameObjects but it did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions or links i should take a look?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• PatrischPatrisch
    Accepted Answer

For anybody who is interested:

My solution ended up by inheriting from PrefabSpawnManager and making my own Methods:

• spawnAll (calling PrefabSpawnManager's Spawn method and then SpawnChildren)
    • spawnChildren (Prefab is already instantiated - so iterate through all its children, and initialize them)
    • InitializeChildren (create a "ChildDataModel" - mapped with a dummyObject in PrefabSpawnManager then bind model and already created children and add it to SyncSource)
    • overridden CreatePrefabInstance (if the dataModel is not a "ChildDataModel" use Default prefab creation of PrefabSpawnManager, otherwise bind the dataModel to the child)

Answers

• PatrischPatrisch
    Accepted Answer

For anybody who is interested:

My solution ended up by inheriting from PrefabSpawnManager and making my own Methods:

• spawnAll (calling PrefabSpawnManager's Spawn method and then SpawnChildren)
    • spawnChildren (Prefab is already instantiated - so iterate through all its children, and initialize them)
    • InitializeChildren (create a "ChildDataModel" - mapped with a dummyObject in PrefabSpawnManager then bind model and already created children and add it to SyncSource)
    • overridden CreatePrefabInstance (if the dataModel is not a "ChildDataModel" use Default prefab creation of PrefabSpawnManager, otherwise bind the dataModel to the child)