Headset not being detected by Mixed Reality Portal

Hello!

I have just got the Asus mixed reality headset. I have first plugged in the USB3.0 and then the HDMI directly into the video card. First of all, the Windows Mixed Reality Portal app did not start up automatically so I did it myself. After the system check-up I clicked next and now I can't get past the "Welcome to Windows Mixed Reality. Connect your headset."

I have updated the video card drivers and all the USB drivers but with no avail. I have noticed that HoloLens Sensor in Device Manager has an exclamation mark with yellow triengle next to it. When opening the properties I see in Device status the following:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

Here is the HoloLens Sensors driver information.

Here you can see that Windows recognizes my headset as a Virtual Reality headset and also all the other drivers.

Best Answer

• RudolfRudolf
    Accepted Answer

I have fixed it myself by downgrading the hololens driver to version HololensSensors_10.0.16299.1070.

Works like a charm.

Answers

• RudolfRudolf
    Accepted Answer

I have fixed it myself by downgrading the hololens driver to version HololensSensors_10.0.16299.1070.

Works like a charm.

• How to you downgrade the drivers, windows wont let me