Hololens Emulator Error DEP6100 - ObjectDisposedException

I've been trying to follow the MR Basics 101E tutorial as seen here. I cannot, however deploy even the first part of the tutorial to the emulator, as when it opens, it immediately states 'Invalid Query' and closes with the following error message:

"DEP6100: The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '4CE3B45E-0530-04A7-0B7F-F404E7D5D220'.': ObjectDisposedException - Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'XdeServiceClient10_0'. [0x80131622]"

Trying to find solutions to the problem indicates that this issue has been present for at least 2-3 years, with no direct solution posted anywhere other than a somewhat nondescript one here which makes reference to XDE like it's a sort of .exe that can be given firewall access (which of course I can't find anywhere)

I can't see any emulator or virtual machine present in Hyper-V manager. Reinstalling the emulator or Hyper-V doesn't fix this.

Does anyone know of a method in which to solve this? If anyone has used the nondescript solution, how do I add XDE to the firewall?

Answers

• I have managed to find the XDE being referred to, but adding inbound and outbound rules to the Windows Firewall didn't fix the problem. It's still not showing up in Hyper V manager as a virtual machine when run...