Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Displaying spatial mapping meshes like the 3D Viewer in c++

Hey,
I would like to disply the environment like the hololens web tool in the 3D view.
For that I generate meshes with the SurfaceObserver and send them to a server on my desktop PC, where I can read the send data and display the received meshes.
The problem I currently have is that their positions in the world view are not correct, they fit if I just use one meshCollection (amount of meshes returned from the observer) but if if move with the hololens and have a different position in the world the meshes get display in each other.
The following code shows how I apply the transfrom to the current mesh:

XMMATRIX scaleTransform = XMMatrixScalingFromVector(XMLoadFloat3(&m_surfaceMesh->VertexPositionScale));
XMMATRIX transform;

transform = XMLoadFloat4x4(&transformValue);
transform = scaleTransform * transform;

applyTransform = true;

for (int index = 0; index < vertexCount; ++index)
{
    // Read the current position as an XMSHORTN4
    XMSHORTN4 currentPosition = XMSHORTN4(rawVertexData[index]);
    XMFLOAT4 vals;

// XMVECTOR know hot to convert XMSHORTN4 to actual floating point coordinates
    XMVECTOR vec = XMLoadShortN4(&currentPosition);

// Store that into an XMFLOAT4 so we can read the values;
    XMStoreFloat4(&vals, vec);

XMFLOAT4 scaledPos;

// Scale by the vertex scale
    if (!applyTransform)
    {
        scaledPos = XMFLOAT4(vals.x * vertexScale.x, vals.y *vertexScale.y, vals.z * vertexScale.z, vals.w);
    }
    else
    {
        XMVECTOR scaledVec = XMVector4Transform(vec, transform);
        XMStoreFloat4(&scaledPos, scaledVec);
    }

The transformValue is generated like this:

SpatialCoordinateSystem^ currentCoordinateSystem = m_referenceFrame->GetStationaryCoordinateSystemAtTimestamp(prediction->Timestamp);
auto transformToOrigin = currentCoordinateSystem->TryGetTransformTo(m_stationaryReferenceFrame->CoordinateSystem);
Windows::Foundation::Numerics::float4x4 transformValue = transformToOrigin->Value;

The m_stationaryReferenceFrame->CoordinateSystem is the coordinateSystem at the start of the application and I use it as my reference point for all meshes.

Has anybody a suggestion what I should change or what I do wrong?