Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

This app does not work on your device ? Holographic on HoloLens

So I redeemed my code in Edge browser in HoloLens to install my private beta HoloTankz game. And the Edge browser shows the app listing page where the "Get the app" button is disabled and a comment "This game does not work on your device"

What is going on :sweat:@Patrick @neerajwadhwa

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ahillierahillier mod
    edited July 2016

@DanglingNeuron, I have not tried submitting a private package to the store, but here are some general things to check:

1) Did you change the Package.appxmanifest to specify the target device family?

<Dependencies>
       <TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Holographic" MinVersion="10.0.10240.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.10586.0" />
    </Dependencies>

2) When submitting your app, did you select 'Holographic' under the 'Windows 10 device families'? I would also suggest unchecking Desktop and Mobile, and selecting the 'Require your permission' option to guarantee that the app is only available on the HoloLens.

3) It can sometimes take a while (several days) for a new store app to become available after submission. I know @DavidKlineMS was able to redeem tokens for his store app, so he might be able to give more information about how long it took before they started working.

• Options

Yes, changed to Windows.Holographic and Holographic selected during submission. It doesnt make any sense :sweat: I sent you the direct app link, as you can see from app details, it shows correct parameters. and if you have a Hololens device, try the redeem link i messaged you.

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

• Options
    DanglingNeuronDanglingNeuron ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

HoloTankz_0.1.7.0_x86_bundle_Master.appxupload
    Version v0.1.7.0
    Device families
    Windows.Holographic min version 10.0.10240.0
    Languages en-US
    Capabilities
    microphone
    picturesLibrary
    videosLibrary
    webcam
    File size
    28.5 MB
    Packages included
    x86 v0.1.7.0 HoloTankz_0.1.7.0_x86_Master.appx
    neutral v0.1.7.0 _scale-100.appx
    neutral v0.1.7.0 _scale-150.appx