Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

build error

Hi I am getting this error when I try to build my project
Could not start compilationDirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Platforms\UAP\10.0.14393.0\Platform.xml".

Answers

• Options

Hi @Ixd20,
    You should double-check that you are running the latest version of Visual Studio (Update 3) and that the optional 'Windows 10 SDK (10.0.14393)' was installed.

• Options
    MMbici2MMbici2
    edited August 2016

Hi, I'm having the same issue actually. I have checked both "Tools (1.4.1) and Windows 10 SDK (10.0.14393)" and "Windows 10 SDK (10.0.10586)" options during the Visual Studio setup, but still receive the identical build error to @lxd20 . I have even tried reinstalling Visual Studio again from scratch with these options selected.

It appears that C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Platforms\UAP\10.0.14393.0 does not exist on my drive but C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Platforms\UAP\10.0.10240.0 does exist. Does anybody know how to correct this?

• Options

Just a shot in the dark but did you guys install the hololens emulator. 10.0.14393 matches the emulator version number as well. If so maybe hyper v issue...Note: Your system must support Hyper-V for the Emulator installation to succeed.

• Options

don't know anyone? i occured too.

• Options
    HUGabeHUGabe
    edited September 2016

I'm having the same problem.

I've verified installation of everything mentioned in this thread.

Does anyone have the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows kits\10\Platforms\UAP\10.0.14393.0\Platform.xml" file? Maybe just dropping it in will at least bring us to the next error?

Why is this question categorized as "Answered"?

• Options

Hi @HUGabe,
    Can you provide a screen shot of your VS installer? Whenever I choose to update to a newer SDK, I also uncheck any of the versions that say 'deprecated' next to them. I updated my machine to the newer SDK yesterday and I do have the .xml files on my PC (attached).

• Options
    HUGabeHUGabe
    edited September 2016

Thank you for sending the attachment! I'll try it out and let you know how it works.

Yes, I did uncheck the 'deprecated' version of python tools but there were no other 'deprecated' notifications.

• Options

Hi @ahillier , I copied the files you sent to the UAP folder and I was able to at least build the Visual Studio files. Still working on getting it running on the emulator.

• Options

@HuGabe,
    You might want to uninstall the emulator and then reinstall the latest version from the tools site. Also, if you delete the emulator VM in Hyper-V Manager, it should be recreated when you next start the emulator from VS. This can sometimes help fix configuration issues with the emulator.