Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Microsoft Band SDK Support

I have created a UWP Wrapper for the Microsoft.Band API for Unity. I am able to call the api from a Unity Script to get the connected bands and I receive the service(Cargo service 3/4) (ibandinfo) correctly. however, when I attempt to call BandClientManager.Instance.ConnectAsync(...) I get the error "A method was called at an unexpected time." from mscorlib which is translated by the band sdk to
"An error occurred while attempting to acquire the Bluetooth device service. This error can occur if the paired device is unreachable or has become unpaired from the current host."

I see the band when I use the Deviceinformation to get the all Bluetooth devices and I also see the service using rfcomm api. I have read that this is due to async/await and the call stack shows it "seems" to be happening due to a nested async call.

I was able to get this working without problems using my phone and signalR. I did not like the latency and am trying to do a direct connection. I built a little uwp test app and was able to display all the sensor data using the same exact shared dll.

Has anyone else attempted to tackle this problem?

Answers

• Options

Hi - just to clarify, are you pairing your Band 2 with HoloLens? If so, you may be running into a power management issue (or on a PC). From the SDK docs:

"2.3.2 Bluetooth Power Management Settings for Windows
    One of the limitations of using the Microsoft Band SDK on Windows is that the default Power Management setting for Bluetooth devices allows Windows to turn the device off to save power. This can cause problems if powersaving is turned on in the middle of Bluetooth communication between a Band and a PC. To work around this situation, users can turn Power Management off by clearing the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box in the Properties dialog box for the Bluetooth device that they’re using with their PC
    ."

• Options

I'm using a band first gen. I am pairing it directly with the HoloLens. The Bluetooth is turned on because I can use DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync and I see my bands in the collection (unless it is simply listing the devices as paired devices and not visible devices).

• Options

There is a hologolf app that has been published to the store that uses a paired band to detect your golf swing, so I know it can be done. You might look for that app/game in the store and reach out to the developer if you don't get any responses on here.