Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Unity not exporting Visual Studio correctly

Following the Holograms 100 tutorial returns errors.

I've followed the "Install the tools" procedure.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Unity and Window Visual Studio tools.

I'm getting the following warning and error on build per the tutorial directions.

WARNING:
Unable to find plugins folder WSAPlayer. Native VR plugins will not be loaded.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
UnityEditorInternal.VR.VRPostProcess:RegisterVRPlugins(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Src/VR/Mono/PostProcessVR.cs:123)
UnityEditor.c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
PostProcessWinRT:CopyPlugins() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:401)
PostProcessWinRT:Process() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:118)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

ERROR:
DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Platforms\UAP\10.0.14393.0\Platform.xml".
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:292)
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity (System.Uri absoluteUri, System.String role, System.Type ofObjectToReturn)
Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GetStreamFromUrl (System.String url, System.String& absoluteUriString)
Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader..ctor (Boolean dummy, System.Xml.XmlResolver resolver, System.String url, XmlNodeType fragType, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context)
System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor (Boolean dummy, System.Xml.XmlResolver resolver, System.String url, XmlNodeType fragType, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context)
System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context)
System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings)
System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.String uri, LoadOptions options)
System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.String uri)
UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.UWPReferences.GetPlatform (System.String folder, System.String version) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/UWPReferences.cs:85)
UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.UWPReferences.GetReferences () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/UWPReferences.cs:59)
PostProcessUAP.get_UWPReferences () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessUAP.cs:20)
PostProcessUAP.GetAdditionalReferenceAssembliesDirectories () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessUAP.cs:53)
PostProcessWinRT.RunSerializationWeaver () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:438)
PostProcessWinRT.Process () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:123)
UnityEditor.Metro.BuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:130)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:176)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Hi @HuGabe,
    The first error seems to be referencing the newer Windows 10 SDK:
    DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Platforms\UAP\10.0.14393.0\Platform.xml".

You may need to update Visual Studio to use the latest Windows 10 SDK (1.4.1):
    1) Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
    2) Right-click on Visual Studio > Change > Modify
    3) Under Features, find the 'Universal Windows App Development Tools' section
    4) Verify that 'Tools (1.4.1) and Windows 10 SDK (10.0.14393)' is checked. If not, check it now and then click next to install.

Also, be sure that NuGet is properly configured. In VS, go to Tools > Options > NuGet Package Manager > General, and then check the boxes for:
    "Allow NuGet to download missing packages" and
    "Automatically check for missing packages during build in visual studio"

• Options

The Tools and Window 10 SDK is already checked.

And NuGet is already properly configured.

What else should I check?

• Options
    ahillierahillier mod
    edited September 2016

@HuGabe,
    For comparison, here's a screen shot of my install:

At the top of mine, it says "with Updates". Do you have VS Update 3 installed? See this thread for links:
    http://forums.hololens.com/discussion/1319/visual-studio-2015-update-3

• Options
    edited September 2016

I keep getting this error also. I set up an appointment at the Microsoft store today to see if they can help. I'll let you know if I can get an answer.