Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Inserting a 3d object inside an other

Hi,
Iam a beginner working with unity.
Can anyone please help me how to insert a sphere inside an other sphere.. to make a eye..
Iam working on it but iam unable to insert the smaller black ball into a larger a black ball

The 3d model should look in this way:

Answers

• Options

@Aishwarya_Chola123

To put one sphere inside another sphere simply make the second sphere a child of the first by dragging it on to the first sphere. The child's position then becomes relevant to the parent which you can position in the center of the parent and the child will move around with the parent.

In order to see the inner sphere you will need to use either a transparent material or texture on the parent so that you can see inside.

This may or may not be what you are after is you are trying to create an eyeball but it should get you started down the path of one 3D object inside another.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

Hi, @HoloSheep
    I am developing a similar application to that of Human Anatomy.

In this picture, we have a human body where visually addition and visually subtraction is happening on the model with the other 3 different models.

What is this concept of Addition and Subtraction of models called?
    Could you please provide any reference link to perform this using unity3d?
    Please help me out :)

• Options

@Aishwarya_Chola123

When an object has multiple layers, you might refer to it as "revealing" the inner layers or building on top of the inner layers with outer layers.

There are lots of other terms that might be used like:

• transparency
    • skinning
    • breakout/buildup
    • drill down
    • composition/decomposition
    • slicing
    • pealing
    • construction/deconstruction
    • adding/removing layers
    • explode/implode
    • expand/collapse
      but I am not sure if there is an official or technical term to describe any of these variations on the technique.

There are also numerous ways you can design your application to demonstrate these kinds of concepts but most of them involve either multiple separate models for each layer, models made of subcomponents or parts, or one or more models designed with multiple layers or parts.

Techniques to reveal those layers or sub-parts might include:

• transforming layers or parts to different positions, sizes, rotations from each other
    • making outer layers or parts transparent
    • hiding and revealing layers parts

The academy tutorial Holograms 211 in chapter 5 does include an example of expanding a model made of parts and then resetting the model, which is one variation of the theme that might get you started.

Creating an application like the Case Western application will require a lot of upfront design, technique experimentation and some creative model building.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

Thanks! Iam working on it..

I have given voice commands in my scene
    There are commands like:
    1) Next
    2) Big
    3) Small..

The commands are working fine , but the problem is..
    When i say **Next ** for once or twice it is not working
    The commands are working for the 3rd or 4th time i repeat.

Am i missing anything , which are supposed to be included so that the response happens for the very first time i give voice command.

Please help me out :)