Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Voice Commands are not working

Hi,
I have given voice commands in my scene
There are commands like:
1) Next
2) Big
3) Small..

The commands are working fine , but the problem is..
When i say **Next ** for once or twice it is not working
The commands are working for the 3rd or 4th time i repeat.

Am i missing anything , which are supposed to be included so that the response happens for the very first time i give voice command.

Am stuck with this problem for many days.

Please help me out :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

@Aishwarya_Chola123

Naturally some short words spoken by some users may be challenging for the keyword recognizer.

Have you experimented with variations from the single short "Next" keyword like:

• "Go Next"
    • "Move Next"
      instead to see if you get different results.

If that doesn't help that would make me suspicious that the code inside the action handler for "Next" might be the issue and that the keyword is registering but the action is having issues responding. The best way to check for that is to put either a break (or a debug.log statement) on the first like of the action handler and check if the debugger breaks each time you speak the command (hitting F5 after it breaks to restart).

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

Thanks @HoloSheep :)

I have all my objects placed in only ONE SCENE say object A, B, C, D and E.
    1. As soon as my application is started i am trying to show only one object at the beginning(Say object A) and all the other objects are hidden/
    2. then after air tap on object A
    3. Object B and Object C should be seen
    4. Now when I airtap on B,I am trying to show object D
    5. Now when I airtap on C,I am trying to show object E
    6. On giving a voice command "Back" on D , I am trying to show object B
    7. On giving a voice command "Home" on object D or object E , I am trying to show object A

So,are there any methods available to show the above flow.
    If possible provide the links if available.
    Please help

• Options

@Aishwarya_Chola123

So did you solve the problem with the command "Next" being recognized, or have you discovered that the problem is not in the recognition but instead with the code logic that gets executed when the Next keyword is recognized?

Based on the flow you describe, my guess would be that it is a logic issue.

In order to create that kind of flow and to keep it stable you will need to design a simple and reliable way to manage a list of objects and to track the currently selected object as well as methods to return the next and previous objects from the list.

If you expose a public array of gameobjects from a root level empty gameobject (maybe call it something like "Managers" or "ObjectManager) you can populate the array with the collection of objects A through E at design time. Add some logic to hold a reference to the Selected object that you set each time you change the selection either through airtapping or voice command. Add a Previous and Next routine that returns the correct gameobject element from the array when taking actions like Back or Next. You might want one other public gameObject to reference the "Home" object and a routine to return a reference to it for actions that leverage your Home concept.

Bottom line from your description of the flow it sounds like you need to implement an array and some routines to track the objects in your flow.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings