Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Can someone please send me a working version of the Hololens technical preview?

My email is ejames@trcoa.com

Is it possible for anyone to send me the installer or everything I need I a zip?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

Hi Just follow the tools installation procedure Holographic: Install the Tools
    Just follow sequence as each part links to the last.
    Oh yeah, email is only 20MB and when unpacked this is 15GB

• Options

I'm doomed because I have already visited the link and installed unity to find. error:

Assets/Scripts/TransitionManager.cs(465,22): error CS0117: UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager' does not contain a definition forUnloadSceneAsync'

• Options
    evanjamesevanjames
    edited November 2016

I agree, The version I currently have installed is 5.4.of1
    I downloaded 5.5 earlier but have deleted by now.

To check again I started a new project doing the origami tutorial and shortly after pressing build I receive a error stating Compilation failed because the compiler couldn't be executed!:

Next in line I receive this error below:

****Could not start compilationDirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Platforms\UAP\10.0.14393.0\Platform.xml".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:292)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity (System.Uri absoluteUri, System.String role, System.Type ofObjectToReturn)
    Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GetStreamFromUrl (System.String url, System.String& absoluteUriString)
    Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader..ctor (Boolean dummy, System.Xml.XmlResolver resolver, System.String url, XmlNodeType fragType, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context)
    System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor (Boolean dummy, System.Xml.XmlResolver resolver, System.String url, XmlNodeType fragType, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context)
    System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context)
    System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings)
    System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.String uri, LoadOptions options)
    System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.String uri)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.UWPReferences.GetPlatform (System.String folder, System.String version) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/UWPReferences.cs:85)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.UWPReferences.GetReferences () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/UWPReferences.cs:59)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MicrosoftCSharpCompiler.GetAdditionalReferences (WSASDK wsaSDK) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MicrosoftCSharpCompiler.cs:375)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MicrosoftCSharpCompiler.FillNETCoreCompilerOptions (WSASDK wsaSDK, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 arguments, System.String& argsPrefix) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MicrosoftCSharpCompiler.cs:201)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MicrosoftCSharpCompiler.StartCompiler () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MicrosoftCSharpCompiler.cs:314)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.ScriptCompilerBase.BeginCompiling () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/ScriptCompilerBase.cs:47)

First I should stop fooling myself and purchase Windows professional to enable Hyper-V and the emulator, maybe that will fix everything.

Thank you for the help so far.