Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

[DEP6957] : Unable to deploy on Hololens Emulator

dlamandedlamande
edited May 2016 in Questions And Answers

Hi,

I'm not able to deploy any App on my Hololens Emulator.
I've got this error :

DEP6957 : Failed to connect to device '169.254.185.75' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings. 0x8007274C: The network event being waited on triggered an error

I have followed this thread http://forums.hololens.com/discussion/548/deploy-to-emulator-fails-with-dep6957-erorr-first-time but without success.

Through the portail, I can deploy my app.

Answers

• Options
    Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    Windows insiders have been issued notice saying that this is known program problems for build 14295 onward has this problems.
  • Options
    Checked again answer is to roll back to earlier version , namely build 14295
  • Options
    JasonJason ✭✭

Here's the link to previous build copies if anyone needs it as I too experienced a similar issue and am testing by rolling back the build version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced

• Options
    I am not an Insider :(
  • Options
    edited May 2016

@dlamande said: need
    I am not an Insider :(

Well if you are allow to upgrade your PC with an MSA email login. Then go to the slow path and you will be on build 14285 which be the one you need, but you need the Professional version

• Options

Hi @dlamande,
    one of the other issues that has been found with deploying to the actual device is that if the HoloLens gets turned off, goes to sleep or in some way looses its connection, you will need to close the Visual Studio solution and re-open it and then deploy. Visual Studio seems to have an issue with cleaning up after a lost connection with the remote device.

HTH

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options
    Hi @HoloSheep I'm not on real device but on the simulator.

@Jimbohalo10 I can Upgrade but I want to be an Insider on my production machine. So I f understand, I cannot deploy with the build 10586.318 ?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

@dlamande said:
    @Jimbohalo10 I can Upgrade but I want to be an Insider on my production machine. So I f understand, I cannot deploy with the build 10586.318 ?

Well it all depends if you want to switch on Hyper-V on in your Win 10 Professional. I cannot see why this should not work.

Do you have a spare partition, or another drive to install another version of Windows 10 Pro onto? That will protect your production version!.
    You are allowed 4 partitions in Windows 10 any versions.

• Options
    dlamandedlamande
    edited May 2016
    @Jimbohalo10 hyper-v is running very well. (I can deploy Windows Phone apps)

But nothing work with HoloLens simulator and VS.

It will be overkill to create another disk part to install Windows and tools... This is not a solution.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

@dlamande said:
    @Jimbohalo10 i'm already on Windows 10 Enterprise, so I have hyper-v and I said that I can run a simulator...

I'm not able to deploy any App on my HoloLens Emulator (the emulator run very well) via Visual Studio.

I have deployed to the Planetarium app on my HoloLens Emulator, From the Windows Deployment Portal Web page (click on World Globe on side of Emulator), select Apps, Select Planetarium from the Alphabetical list

Now "Start" the deployed and Selected Planetarium app, and the couple minutes later the blue lines of the Planetarium app will appear in the HoloLens Emulator.

Do you receive any messages in Visual Studio Error or Output window after clicking Deploy?, because in the first post you said it deployed successfully.

The error
    '169.254.185.75' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings. 0x8007274c

Is primarily due to Windows Advanced Firewall not being configured to "enable local loopback" correctly for Visual Studio 2015 app deployment and is settings automatically on VS 2015 install. I do not know how to manually configure the ports.

If you want a quicker way Debug build and Start without Debugging(Control+F5) and this will automatically start the Planetarium app when loaded, unlike Deploy Solution, into HoloLens Emulator.

• Options

I said that from the portal it was ok but wasn't via VS.

• Options

hi @Jimbohalo10,

This is the error message from output in VS
    1>DEP6957 : Failed to connect to device '169.254.143.207' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings. 0x8007274C: The network event being waited on triggered an error

• Options
    edited May 2016

hi @dlamande
    Have you tried the answer in Deploy to emulator fails with DEP6957 error (first time).
    Right click on project in my case ModelExplorer(Universal Windows)
    Select Properties
    Also look at description below, the default is Authentication is "Windows" which wont work!, set it to "Universal (Unencrypted Protocol)" and tick the
    "Uninstall then re-install my package..........."
    see picture.
    Finally if protocol Authentication error occurs switch to "none" and try again.
    This applies to HoloLens Emulator and the HoloLens Device, as they run the same code on the portal

• Options

I still have the error :(

• Options

@dlamande something else worth trying:
    1. Go to Hyper-V Manager
    2. Click on the machine name in the left pane
    3. Delete HoloLens Emulator VM
    4. Retry launching it from Visual Studio.

• Options
    Already done... Nothing :/

I've also tried to repair VS install, and I still have this error :/
  • Options

I m also facing same issue,
    I tried many times, even just now I rebuilt my project in unity and open it in vs but still same error. Even I uninstalled VS, Unity, Hololens emulator and all related installations and even I deleted visual studio files from C:\Users\myuser\AppData and reinstalled everything again.
    But still same problem. Please help me, I am struggling from last one week.

One more thing, please can anyone tell me about root cause of this issue? is it from unity or visual studio or windows 10 framework or from emulator?

• Options
    dlamandedlamande
    edited June 2016

I finally reset my pc for diverse reasons, and now everything is ok ...

• Options

Hi all,
    Same problem, tried all recommendations above except pc reset.

Other thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• Options

I am using an il2cpp project and resolved this issue as follows:

In my Visual Studio C++ project, I went to Project > Properties and selected the Debugging option from the right-hand nav.

For the Debug target, the HoloLens emulator was already selected. However, in the pulldown for the Debug Target there had appeared another option for inheriting the Debug target from the parent project. When I selected this option I was then able to deploy to the emulator.

(Interestingly, thereafter the option for inheriting the Debug Target from the parent project was no longer present in the pulldown.)