Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Can't get past shipping page in checkout

Hi,

I've added 2 HoloLenses to my cart but everytime I click 'next' it just reloads the page with no error messages or other information.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Answers

• Options
    Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

Try a different browser, or clearing your cache...etc. For the most part sites work across all of the browsers out there, but I do run into a few bugs every now and then using Firefox.

• Options

Tried it but still have the problem. Anyone else know what's going on? :(

• Options

@jdalton there have been a few others that have run into that situation and I believe @Vanessa helped them out.

It sounded like the issue boiled down to the information that already existed in their MSA (Microsoft Account) profile for credit card and/or shipping information was slightly different from what they were entering into the shopping cart. The shopping cart was comparing the two and failing without reporting an error.... from what I could tell. So you might want to separately log into your MSA on live.com and check and/or update your profile and billing info to match what you are wanting to enter into the store shopping cart, then give it a hour or two to propagate and try again.

The one other topic that came up was about MSA that had a Canadian (or non US) locale associated with them. I know from past personal experience that when you move across boundary lines MSA's used to have great difficulty with mismatched locale regions (due to the way they enforced international copyrights), so if you fall into that category, it may be even more important to update your MSA with your new US personal and billing info before trying the checkout.

I imagine if @Vanessa or her team see this they will also take a look from their end and help you out.

HTH.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options
    CurvSurfCurvSurf ✭✭
    edited May 2016

@jdalton said:
    Hi,

I've added 2 HoloLenses to my cart but everytime I click 'next' it just reloads the page with no error messages or other information.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Both the shipping and the billing addresses must be in the USA (or Canada). The two addresses need not be the same, but both in the USA (or Canada). If you are not there, you have to have someone there who does trust and help you.

Joon

• Options

Thanks, everyone! The issue was that my Microsoft account region was set to the UK and not the US. Annoying that no error messages were produced and it involved loads of calls to MS to sort out. Ah, well.

• Options

Hello
    sorry for catching up on this thread so late - correct, your MSA has to be in the US or Canada in order to complete a purchase. You can check your country here https://account.microsoft.com/about.
    Happy to see that @jdalton managed to resolve this and again sorry about the delay - one way to ensure your issue gets resolved promptly is to send a note to msstoreis@microsoft.com and/or complete the form here.
    thanks!

• Options

Thanks Vanessa,
    Your tip seems to have worked.
    Order will be processed in 4-6 hours...Nail biting continues until then :wink: