Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Holographic Hackathon (EVENT)

For anyone in the Seattle Washington area:

Seattle VR Meetup and Windows Holographic User Group of Redmond (WinHUGR) 
are pleased to announce that we are working together on a Holographic Hackathon

On May 20-22, come join us for a Holographic Hackathon! Microsoft HoloLens is the world's first untethered holographic computer, mixing holograms into your real world. Over the course of 48 hours, you'll form teams with other developers, designers, artists and organizers / PM types to collaboratively create a holographic app to solve interesting problems. Engineers from the HoloLens team will be on-site along with HoloLens devices.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Too far for me :'(

• Options
    Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

Sounds like fun, wish I was located closer. I think the industrial uses are where the Hololens can shine. I'd be interested to know what problems they intend to tackle.

• Options

Hey @Jarrod1937, @mtycholaz and the rest of the gang here,

I am pleased to say that our area is just the first stop on the Holographic Hackathon tour.

A June stop in San Fran was just announced, so our event in May is just the beginning.

Everyone should keep a look out for community events like this in your area.

• Options

Boston was just announced.

• Options

@Jarrod1937 said:
    Sounds like fun, wish I was located closer. I think the industrial uses are where the Hololens can shine. I'd be interested to know what problems they intend to tackle.

The seattle one is a general theme of social good and they'll probably give something more specific at the event.

I did a VR hackathon a couple weeks ago here in Seattle and it was a blast, looking forward to the one this weekend on the hololens.

• Options

This past weekend was the first hackathon I have ever attended. It was a great way to spend the weekend. Very talented, not to mention great, people with amazing energy and fantastic projects!

Thanks to all who attended and spent time chatting with me.
    David

• Options

Is this coming to LA soon?

• Options

@filharvey I am told the LA event will be June 24-26

• Options
    edited May 2016

This was my second hackathon and I did 2 all nighters again! It's so awesome to be around so many creative people just throwing everything they have at all kinds of ideas. Its like being in high school at a LAN party again.

Our presentation was horrible, I didn't even watch it until we were on stage. It basically showed the two main bugs and nothing else. It's hard to create a presentation at the very end of a hackathon after getting so tired.

This is me taking a nap at 6am trying to get 2 hours of sleep before it got too loud to sleep at breakfast: http://imgur.com/srP8Ryb

This is a vid I made today of our last build we'd made before turning in the devices at 1pm yesterday, it was a circle that fit over the tables at the hack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8rnw6c4M90 So tired...

• Options

@Holosheep
    Looks like it was a great hack! Sorry I missed it :(

@LeefromSeattle Awesome stuff, it is always amazing how much can be achieved with a weekend on focusing on a project. You should walk away proud with what was accomplished in 48 hours!

-Ryan

• Options

I just posted a few pictures from the Seattle event for those that are interested or curious.