We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
VS2017/U5.6 Crash - WinRTScriptingObjectWrapper::InternalAddRef Reference Count cannot be zero
Can anyone help?
I upgraded my SurfacePro from VS2015and Unity 5.1.1 to VS2017 Enterprise and Unity 5.6, and now my HoloLens crashes every time the WorldAnchorManager in HoloToolkit is accessed. I have spent many hours uninstalling and reinstalling, building against different versions of the UWP SDK, upgrading firmware, and this still happens 100% of the time. I am still running VS2015 and Unity 5.1.1 on my desktop PC, and everything works fine there.
My suspicion is that it's something in the initialisation of the WorldAnchorManager - maybe the Queue instance that is used for the Pub/Sub model, as the class can be instantiated, but never gets to Awake() or Start(). I'm even beginning to worry that it's some I/O firmware issue on my HoloLens. Output is:
WinRTScriptingObjectWrapper::InternalAddRef Reference Count cannot be zero (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/ScriptingBackend/DotNet/ScriptingApi_DotNet.cpp Line: 661) The program ' test8.exe' has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).
A couple of other people have had the same thing - here are two (unsolved) posts from the Unity forum: