Move, rotate and resize object like in the Holograms app
I am just starting to work with Unity and Hololens and I am trying to create a simple app similar to the included hologram application.
- I want to make it easy for the user to move an object and place it in the real environment (on a table for instance). so they can walk around it and view all angles.
- If possible i would also like to allow the user to resize and rotate the object.
The Holographic Academy walks through rotating an object which I imagine can be extrapolated to resize relatively easily. The problem with the Academy is that they appear to be using a different version of the Holotoolkit so the examples don't translate.
While I have a lot of experience with C# programming, I feel like I am playing a different sport and even though I can follow the tutorials I am having trouble intuiting how everything links together in Unity. This means I am having a hard time extending the specific examples into other topics.
I was hoping someone could recommend:
- if the source to the holograms app was available then that would really be the easiest thing, but it doesn't appear to be the case.
- There appears to be a lot of value in the unity asset store. Are there any store items that will assist with the task?
- If there are other tutorials or samples i could take a look at that are specific to my case or relatively condensed general documentation.
Sorry for such a general question but i am feeling like a fish out of water.