The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Move, rotate and resize object like in the Holograms app
I am just starting to work with Unity and Hololens and I am trying to create a simple app similar to the included hologram application.
- I want to make it easy for the user to move an object and place it in the real environment (on a table for instance). so they can walk around it and view all angles.
- If possible i would also like to allow the user to resize and rotate the object.
The Holographic Academy walks through rotating an object which I imagine can be extrapolated to resize relatively easily. The problem with the Academy is that they appear to be using a different version of the Holotoolkit so the examples don't translate.
While I have a lot of experience with C# programming, I feel like I am playing a different sport and even though I can follow the tutorials I am having trouble intuiting how everything links together in Unity. This means I am having a hard time extending the specific examples into other topics.
I was hoping someone could recommend:
- if the source to the holograms app was available then that would really be the easiest thing, but it doesn't appear to be the case.
- There appears to be a lot of value in the unity asset store. Are there any store items that will assist with the task?
- If there are other tutorials or samples i could take a look at that are specific to my case or relatively condensed general documentation.
Sorry for such a general question but i am feeling like a fish out of water.