Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

How do i use gestrue in a 2d Holograms?

i have learned Academy lessons, and just found all about gesture recognize is under unity framework. and how i do this is a UWP app. where is the apis? wish get some answers,thks!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

@xingzhe1990 when you create a 2D UWP app, you do not code any gesture code into your UWP app and typically don't add any HoloLens specific apis to your 2D UWP app.

Gesture and gaze are handled by the HoloLens Shell for 2D UWP apps and they ultimately act just like mouse/touch/point input to your app.

From the docs:

HoloLens takes care of all of this complexity for UWP apps, translating your gaze and gestures to pointer events that abstract away the input mechanism. For example, the HoloLens Clicker emulates the air tap gesture, but 2D applications don't need to know where the input came from.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

@HoloSheep said:
    @xingzhe1990 when you create a 2D UWP app, you do not code any gesture code into your UWP app and typically don't add any HoloLens specific apis to your 2D UWP app.

Gesture and gaze are handled by the HoloLens Shell for 2D UWP apps and they ultimately act just like mouse/touch/point input to your app.

From the docs:

HoloLens takes care of all of this complexity for UWP apps, translating your gaze and gestures to pointer events that abstract away the input mechanism. For example, the HoloLens Clicker emulates the air tap gesture, but 2D applications don't need to know where the input came from.

thanks for answer!! Actually i am making a simple paint demo with "InkCanvas" control of UWP, you know i just hold left click of mouse and move mouse then i can draw something on desktop, how can i do this on hololens? use my finger?? i don't have a device, and don't know how to emulate this on emulator.

• Options

@HoloSheep said:
    @xingzhe1990 to draw you would use the Drag Tool and then AirTap'n Hold and move.

On the emulator first be sure you are in Human input mode:

Then move your mouse to control the gaze cursor:

• Press and hold left mouse button and move mouse

Gaze at the window header and select the Drag Tool:

Press the space bar on your keyboard to simulate AirTap

Then use hold left mouse button and move mouse over your canvas area in your app.

Then press and hold the "Alt" key to enter hands mode and press and hold the space bar then drag the mouse with the left button down

See the basic and advance emulator doc for more details on keyboard shortcuts.

I don't have an inking app handy to test, but I believe the above (or some combination there of) should do what you want.

Got it, Thank you ( v^_^v)!