We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
HoloNinja: desktop app for remote management of multiple HoloLens
In collaboration with Dr. Jon Silva and Michael Southworth of the Silva Lab at Washington University in St. Louis and Sentiar, I have created a desktop app for remote management of multiple HoloLens devices using the Windows Device Portal. This is intended to aid in HoloLens app demonstrations with the following capabilities:
- connecting to multiple HoloLenses at once (including Emulator)
- launching an app already installed on multiple HoloLenses at once
- killing an app running on multiple HoloLenses at once
- viewing live preview of Mixed Reality Capture on up to six connected HoloLenses
- capturing mixed reality photos and video on multiple HoloLenses remotely, with files being saved on both the device and the local machine
- monitoring battery life on HoloLenses while viewing MRC live preview
The project is available at https://bitbucket.org/silvalab/holoninja with app bundles for installation available in the AppPackages folder.