The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
HoloNinja: desktop app for remote management of multiple HoloLens
In collaboration with Dr. Jon Silva and Michael Southworth of the Silva Lab at Washington University in St. Louis and Sentiar, I have created a desktop app for remote management of multiple HoloLens devices using the Windows Device Portal. This is intended to aid in HoloLens app demonstrations with the following capabilities:
- connecting to multiple HoloLenses at once (including Emulator)
- launching an app already installed on multiple HoloLenses at once
- killing an app running on multiple HoloLenses at once
- viewing live preview of Mixed Reality Capture on up to six connected HoloLenses
- capturing mixed reality photos and video on multiple HoloLenses remotely, with files being saved on both the device and the local machine
- monitoring battery life on HoloLenses while viewing MRC live preview
The project is available at https://bitbucket.org/silvalab/holoninja with app bundles for installation available in the AppPackages folder.