Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Spatial to plane processing

Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Questions And Answers

I'm using the surfacePlane script, and it works fairly well. However, no matter what, the ceiling and floor planes are too high. Best I can tell with the floor, is that the floor seems to be along the same height as my table, which has a bottom portion along with the top. Anyone have any tips for getting better results?
I'm experimenting with world space triplanar shaders and the planes generated. This way you can "uv map" (sort of) a tiling texture for each surface type, thus an automatic texturing of the ceiling, floor, and walls. The texturing works, but you can only see the ceiling through holes in the mesh, and the floor plane is about 8 inches off the floor.

Answers

• Options

@Jarrod1937 it sounds suspicious if your surfaces are all consistently about 0.2 meters (8 inches) high in your Y axis.

You don't happen to have nonzero numbers in your MainCamera's position (specifically the Y) by chance do you?

If not the next place I would be looking is your Spatial Mapping Manager settings and if any modification you made to it or if you have done a custom shader any of the calculations inside the shader that might impact the Y position.

Do you have Cast Shadows checked on your Spatial Mapping Manager component?

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options
    Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the help. I checked everything, and it all seemed fine. I decided to delete the spatial data for my location and rescanned, now it seems correct, maybe there was a stray spatial plane throwing it off.

• Options

Next time take off your high heels before calibrating a room.

• Options

Jarrod, if you hit this again, please file feedback through the feedback app before deleting your spatial data. This will help us track down issues like this. Thanks!

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)