Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Unable to publish Hololens app to store

xirvrxirvr
edited May 2016 in Questions And Answers

In the certification process, I get the following errors in trying to publish the app made at the Hololens Hackathon last week. Any ideas?

API D3D12GetDebugInterface in d3d12.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.
API OpenSemaphore in api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-1-0.dll is not supported for this application type. System.Threading.dll calls this API.
API CreateSemaphore in api-ms-win-core-kernel32-legacy-l1-1-0.dll is not supported for this application type. System.Threading.dll calls this API.
API ExecuteAssembly in uwphost.dll is not supported for this application type. holovirtuarobopillar.exe calls this API.
API DllGetActivationFactory in uwphost.dll is not supported for this application type. holovirtuarobopillar.exe has an export that forwards to this API.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

@xirvr did your team use or reference any directx 12 APIs?

As mentioned in the HoloLens docs:

Please note that DirectX 12 is not currently supported.

The report back from the certification process seems to indicate that something in your solution is referencing the d3d12.dll which is not supported on the HoloLens.

Perhaps while experimenting in the hackathon someone added a reference to the dll?

The report also calls out specifically that the UnityPlayer.dll calls this API, so I would double check your Build and Player settings to make sure you have the correct selections made and have not checked off something accidentally. Perhaps compare your settings to a clean Unity HoloLens project that was build for Windows 10 to look for anything out of the usual.

Also that last line looks interesting, did you guys call one of your components or import something called: "holovirtuarobopillar".

First step would be to figure out if your project contains or references anything unusual or if it is just a basic project. If your solution doesn't contain anything out of the ordinary if might be interesting to run the completed version of whichever tutorial project yours is closest to through the certification test to see if it also throws the same errors. Perhaps the certification tester has not kept pace with the HoloLens beta versions.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

I'll confess, this is my first Hololens Windows Store Windows app, so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious :) I went back through the Build settings, and I did actually miss setting the quality settings; but after that change, certification yielded the same errors.

I haven't added anything other than a FBX and a script (which does nothing but iterate over and set properties on the GameObject it's attached to), and I've re-created this project from the one we made at the hackathon, so there's nothing more in it than that.

It has to be either an issue / incompatibility with the latest beta, or (more likely) a setting/flag I'm missing (maybe some default changed in the latest beta, or something not documented in those intro pages). I also unchecked Auto Graphics API to see if I could manually chose DX11, and DX11 was the only option for Virtual Reality SDKs (under the Virtual Reality flag).

• Options

@DeckTwelve said:
    I saw this today as well. Make sure your build configuration in Visual Studio is set to "Master". That fixed it for me.

That was it, I thought it needed to be Release. Thanks!