Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Spatial Mesh Not Centered - HoloToolKit

Hi all,

I'm new to HoloLens development. I'm using the current master version of the HoloToolKit and the appropriate unity version listed on the Mixed Reality Github page.

When I use the Spatial Processing Prefab in unity for Spatial Understanding and Spatial Mapping, and look at the map through my HoloLens, I'm finding it consistently off centre by about 2 metres in the same direction.

For example, the walls, tables, chairs, etc in the mesh are consistently in the horizontal direction off by about the same amount.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Best Answers

• Options
    stepan_stulovstepan_stulov ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Camera too?

Building the future of holographic navigation. We're hiring.

Answers

• Options

Hey, @DaveDash. Make sure that your camera and your spatial mapping game objects are all at 0,0,0. Also make sure spatial mapping's surface parent is set to something that's also at 0,0,0. I usually set it to itself. If none of this helps would be interesting to investigate further. Hope this helps.

• Options

@stepan_stulov said:
    Hey, @DaveDash. Make sure that your camera and your spatial mapping game objects are all at 0,0,0. Also make sure spatial mapping's surface parent is set to something that's also at 0,0,0. I usually set it to itself. If none of this helps would be interesting to investigate further. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response Stepan.

I actually noticed some of my objects were not set to 0,0,0 and went and set them all to that, and it didn't make a difference.

So just to confirm the game object the spatial understanding and spatial mapping prefabs are in is set to 0,0,0, and also the prefabs themselves are also set to 0,0,0.

Other than that everything is pretty much the default. Any ideas on where I should check next?

• Options
    stepan_stulovstepan_stulov ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Camera too?

• Options
    DaveDashDaveDash
    edited November 2017

@stepan_stulov said:
    Camera too?

Ah no, I have changed the position of the camera. I'll recenter that and get back to you..

EDIT: Yes that fixed my issue. So simple, thank you very much.