The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
(Mac/Bootcamp) Can't install HoloLens Driver or Mixed Reality Portal?
I a have big problem to get my Mixed Reality Headset ready. First I have to say, I try to install the Headset with a Macbook Pro under bootcamp. There were no problems installing Windows 10 Fall Creator x64. I have loaded all updates after the clean installation and then plug in the headset - first the USB (get a signal tone), second the HDMI (without signal tone) - all via USB-C adapter. Windows registered the new device and installed the headset software from the manufacturer - Dell Visor. But the Mixed Reality Portal didn't start and it is also not found on the Start menu or via Cortana.
Then I searched for new updates. There was a new driver but the download was canceled:
Microsoft - Holographic - 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM - 10.0.16299.1062 (6)
I load the driver manually and try to install it via the Device Manager - but no chance. Every time I get the message "There was a problem with the Installation". The device name is "HoloLens Sensors".
Previous unsuccessful Solutions:
- a new clean installation of Windows 10
- download all updates via Windows Updater
- reboot every time after update
- manual installation of HoloLens Sensor, no success
- plug in and out the USB and HDMI cable
- install Windows 10 SDK
- unlock the developer mode
- tried another old Macbook Pro where I can connect the USB and HDMI plugs directly, but I got the same problems
Some data about my system:
- Windows 10 Version 1709 (Build 16299.192) via Bootcamp
- Macbook Pro 13", CPU i5 7267U with 3.1Ghz, 16GB Ram, integrated GPU Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 with driver Version 22.214.171.12436
- Mixed Reality Check Software says the Macbook fulfill the minimum requirements
- Dell Visor Mixed Reality Headset
I really hope that you can help me or is it not possible to run a headset on Windows Bootcamp? How is it possible to install the Mixed Reality Portal app or the Drivers without a headset?