Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

I need Help and any help would be greatly appreciated PLEAS!

Ok so I got my headset ( Acer mixed reality) and plugged it into the USB 3.0 nothing happens I then plug it into the non 3.0 USB the setup guide launches and I follow the steps the compatibility check comes everything can run. I then get to the point where it says “ Check your USB” so I then plug it into the USB 3.0 and it just says “Welcome to windows mixed reality please connect your headset”. It sits on this screen and does nothing. When I plug it back into the non 3.0 USB port it gives me the “Check your USB” message! HELP!
FULL DISCLAIMER MY USB 3.0 PORT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE I TRIED PLUGGING IN MULTIPLE THINGS TO MAKE SURE IT WORKED AND THE ITEMS I PLUGGED IN WORKED!

What I have tried:
1. Restarting my Computer
2. Cleaning the USB ports
3. Contacted Acer (have a tech support level 2 call scheduled for tomorrow level 1 didn’t know)
4. Updated drivers
5. Turning on developers mode

Comments

• Options

Thought I'd write to you to let you know that your message has been seen....at least by me. I have had a related question in for several days now, and no has yet to comment. This is supposed to be a microsoft questions forum, but it seems like no one from Microsoft is reading these or getting back to those of us who have the ACER head set. To make matters worse, ACER itself wants nothing to do with providing support for the headset that carries their name....Shame on ACER. Instead they just say that we have to contact Microsoft. Just great bouncing between one company that won't support its product, and another company that provides the software but does not respond to questions. Very frustrating!

• Options

Hi
    Please refer to link

Notice:
    You plugged in the HDMI cable before plugging in the USB 3.0 cable. Make sure that you plug in the USB 3.0 cable before plugging in the HDMI cable

You plugged in your HDMI cable to your iGPU HDMI port instead of your dGPU HDMI port (for PCs with both). Some Desktop PCs have both an integrated graphics processing unit (iGPU) and a discrete graphics processing unit (dGPU) and often the iGPU ports will be disabled. If your PC does have a dGPU your HMD needs to be plugged into the dGPU.

Please check your operation by this article, if it does not help please let us know.

• Options
    I was thinking that, but I only have 1 HDMI port.