Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Standard Collector Bridge Deploy Error

Hello all,

We are developing an app in C++ and we have two HoloLens. We have problems with the deploy phase, I'll start with the log from VisualStudio 2017 Community version 15.5.3:

1>------ Inizio distribuzione: Progetto: HoloPlayer, Configurazione: Debug Win32 ------
1>DEP6720: Non è stato possibile distribuire il pacchetto 'Standard Collector Bridge' (98E13D7B-2AC3-4B11-BBEB-758AD8BD607A). DEP6959: 
Error removing the file from the remote device: 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\VSRemoteTools\x86\1033\DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll. Impossibile trovare il file specificato. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x80070002)'.
========== Distribuzione: 0 completate, 1 non riuscite, 0 ignorate ==========

I don't understand the error too much, but it seems that for some reason it is trying to remove a file used for debugging from the HoloLens but it hasn't the permissions.
This error happens only in some cases.

• if the User A with the PC A deploy on HoloLens 1: OK
  • if the User B with the PC B deploy on HoloLens 1: ERROR
  • if the User A with the PC A deploy on HoloLens 2: ERROR
  • if the User B with the PC B deploy on HoloLens 2: OK
  • if the User C with the PC C deploy on HoloLens 1: OK
  • if the User C with the PC C deploy on HoloLens 2: ERROR
  • if the User B create application packages and deploy from the device portal on HoloLens 1 IT WORK but B can't debug the application, so it is a problem.
  • If the HoloLens 1 get restored, then it work for a couple of weeks, but we can't loose all our applications and 40 minutes every time we need to solve this problem.

So, if I can deploy on HoloLens 1, my colleague can't because get the Standard Collector Bridge error, but he can deploy on HoloLens 2.

I've searched a lot about this error, but everyone talk about of Unity projects, that are not our case: in the solutions I found, they say to check "Uninstall then reinstall the application when deploying" but the interface of the Debug tab in visual studio is different with a C++ project and the checkbox is not present.
I've also tried to unpair all devices from HoloLens, disable and reenable the Developer Mode, restated hundreds of times, removed the application then tried again to install, but nothing.

Does anyone else had this problem? Has solved it? It is very annoying because we can't use our HoloLens to test our projects freely.

Comments

• Options

Hi,

We have exactly the same problem. Our app is a pure D3D11 one, no Unity involved, we only use Visual Studio to build, deploy and debug.

Exactly as you describe, the problem will appear randomly after the same app has been deploy from two different machines on the same HoloLens. Once one machine is unable to deploy, there doesn't seem to be a way to easily fix the problem.

I've seen one post mentioning a factory reset, but that's not sustainable with our development cycle.

https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/9836/error-while-deploying-with-visual-studio-2017

Restarting Visual Studio, restarting the HoloLens, updating the HoloLens, all didn't fix the issue.

I would really like to see an official answer on this issue, it is really hindering our progress.