Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

hololens only show "hello" when powered up

i receive my hololens yesterday. today when i power it up, it only shows "hello" for about 3 seconds and then nothing else. the background sound is always on and the battery is full. no matter i say "hey, cortana, go home", nor the bloom gesture, just nothing shows. what do you guys see when you powered up your hololens?

Comments

• Options

just used Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset hololens successfully. still no lucky. nothing shows in the screen :(

• Options

Hello, sorry to hear about this and super sorry for the delay - if you still have this issue, could you reach out to our support team please?

• Options

@yangyangcv said:
    i receive my hololens yesterday. today when i power it up, it only shows "hello" for about 3 seconds and then nothing else. the background sound is always on and the battery is full. no matter i say "hey, cortana, go home", nor the bloom gesture, just nothing shows. what do you guys see when you powered up your hololens?

I have same problem,. have u fixed it?

• Options

@christsaragih said:

@yangyangcv said:

I have same problem,. have u fixed it?

still no fix.

• Options

Fixed yet?
    I'm having this issue. I can hear the sound when I bloom, and I can launch an app via Visual Studio. But I cannot see the start menu UI or pointer.

• Options

Also I can ask cortana to launch an app. But no pointer still.

• Options

Please see @Vanessa's response above on reaching out to the support team.

• Options

Would be good to hear your resolution.
    I've also got this problem, some time later...

I've contacted the support team so i'm waiting to hear back from them. But it would be useful for someone to put up their response here....

• Options

did anyone find any solution yet? we just had that issue for weeks and nothing we tried has worked. @Tatumdale did support get back to you?

Does anyone know of a way to find/retrieve the log files? we can't even get through the device manager.