Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Make VR Hololens So Real

I see on holo tour we can make VR product without disturbed surrounding environment.If i make sample VR will be disturbed surrounding environment. I see if stream Holo tour on pc we must turn of pv camera. So what must i do as Developer to make VR like Holo tour ? Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

@christsaragih

Have you taken a look at the Case Studies?

Perhaps reading some of them might get you started or help raise some specific questions.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

@HoloSheep said:
    @christsaragih

Have you taken a look at the Case Studies?

Perhaps reading some of them might get you started or help raise some specific questions.

hmm I not ask how to build the content. I ask how to make content is like totally vr. Because in unity if I using object will be see through to reality object. Thanks

• Options

@jbienzms said:
    @christsaragih HoloTour was created following standard VR practices. On the HoloLens, the color Black is rendered as transparent. This means that anywhere there is black the user can see the real world. One of the first steps for any Mixed Reality application is to turn off the skybox and have the camera clear to solid black. In a VR-like experience (such as HoloTour) you could leave the skybox on or even do more advanced things like render a sperhical video for the background. That's really all there is to it.

Hi Jared. I Know we must set black. But i want to ask how to make game object not be See through.
    If u stream Holotour hololens using computer, u must turn of pv camera to see what player see. it's take effect? Thanks

• Options
    AshAsh
    edited December 2016

Hololens is not a pass-through camera. It is overlaying graphics onto your real world view. If the environment is bright it is always likely you will be able to see through the images a little (unless you tape black paper over the visor - but then you'd be better off developing for VR).
    Edit: The recorded view actually does use a camera so it can fully block out environment behind graphics -your actual view will likely see some graphics aa semi-transparent. No way round this at the moment (even on holo-tour the room is also slightly visible through the scene unless room is fairly dark, but you ignore it pretty quickly)

• Options
    jbienzmsjbienzms mod
    edited January 2017

@christsaragih The HoloLens display is an additive light display. It can only add light to the scene and not take it away. Wearing the headset you will always be able to see the room to some extent, especially though darker colors which will appear more translucent. When dark colors are surrounded by light colors, the brain automatically causes you to perceive the darker colors as more opaque than if you would see them if they are standing alone. This is why black text on a white background still appears as black, even though technically it is being rendered as transparent.

As far as RECORDING your experience is concerned, you can attempt a few things.

The first thing I would suggest is try changing the Unity camera to clear to Black with an alpha of 1 instead of 0. This in theory would not allow the world to blend in with your holographic imagery as is shown in this link:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/mixed_reality_capture_for_developers

If that does not work, the second possibility would be when you create the LocatableCamera you can try changing the pixel format to RGB instead of RGBA. This would theoretically limit the alpha blending, though again I have not actually attempted this.

For more info see this example:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/locatable_camera_in_unity

If you do test one or both of these approaches, please let us know what you find.

Our Holographic world is here

RoadToHolo.com      WikiHolo.net      @jbienz
    I work in Developer Experiences at Microsoft. My posts are based on my own experience and don't represent Microsoft or HoloLens.