Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

What is affecting WorldAnchorTransferBatch size?

I am transferring 1 WorldAnchor using the WorldAnchorTransferBatch and sometimes the WorldAnchorTransferBatch can be over 900kb which can be a pain to transfer. How the hell can it become that big?

What is affecting the WorldAnchorTransferBatch size?
How can I make it smaller?

I am only adding 1 WorldAnchor to the WorldAnchorTransferBatch.
Sometimes the byteArray is just under 200kb and then I move the object just a few cm around the previous point and it becomes a big file again. I tried to figure out if it was related to the Spatial mesh but I can't replicate the behavior since it seems to be totally random.

markval.com - All around Digital

Comments

• Options

I'm at 25Mb with 5 anchors. Curious myself. I suppose it depends on the number of anchors, complexity of the room and "inconvenience" of the placement. It's all just my guess work though.

Building the future of holographic navigation. We're hiring.

• Options

Unfortunately it is sending the entire room information, we have one anchor and are at 15mb for size. The buffer can't handle sending it all out at once so you need to send it to your server in pieces and reconstruct. If you are using streamsockets the order in which you send the pieces will remain intact and the packets won't get out of order.

• Options

I am not privy to the actual implementation details of the anchor batches, but I do know that anchors are based on the vision input system and the relationships between the anchor location and known "feature points" in the room. If you are working in a very large space (e.g. your whole home has been scanned) you may be able to reduce the batch size by deleting the Space (under the Settings app) and then only capturing the room you want to share in. I realize this isn't ideal and I don't know a workaround, but I wanted to share that as it may at least help someone in testing. I'll see if I can get someone to help with a better answer.

Our Holographic world is here

RoadToHolo.com      WikiHolo.net      @jbienz
    I work in Developer Experiences at Microsoft. My posts are based on my own experience and don't represent Microsoft or HoloLens.

• Options

Just wanted to share that I did hear back from someone who confirmed this is related to the amount of information stored about the space. Unfortunately there is not a more efficient way to share world anchors than this method at the current time. If you want you can try deleting the space and restricting your scan to the single room you want to share in to see if that helps. I have also noticed in my own home that wifi signal strength has a big impact on how quickly the transfer completes. You may want to try moving your access point or adding a repeater if you don't have a strong signal where you are trying to share.

Our Holographic world is here

RoadToHolo.com      WikiHolo.net      @jbienz
    I work in Developer Experiences at Microsoft. My posts are based on my own experience and don't represent Microsoft or HoloLens.