Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Spectator View Calibration Failed

When running the Calibration Solution I am getting this problem.

I am using a Sony a330 and an Elgato HD 60 Pro capture card.

I have no clue what to do.

Answers

• Options
    Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

@c4ssh3rn #Updated
    The answer is that the Sony A330 have a LIVE View format described in page 117 of the manual Sony A330 manual pdf

DSLR-A330
    L:8.4M 3872 × 2176 pixels LIVE RAW
    M:4.7M 2896 × 1632 pixels
    S:2.1M 1920 × 1088 pixels
    Note
    When you select a RAW image with [Quality], the image size of the RAW image corresponds to L.

The default .\SpectatorView\Compositor\SharedHeaders\CompositorShared.h about lines 62 to lines 65 is

// Frame Dimensions and buffer lengths
    //TODO: change this to match video dimensions from your tethered camera.
    #define FRAME_WIDTH 1920
    #define FRAME_HEIGHT 1080

My guessing is these lines need to be changed to amended
    // Frame Dimensions and buffer lengths
    //TODO: change this to match video dimensions from your tethered camera.
    #define SonyA330
    #ifdef SonyA330
    #define FRAME_WIDTH 3872
    #define FRAME_HEIGHT 2176
    #else
    #define FRAME_WIDTH 1920
    #define FRAME_HEIGHT 1080
    #endif

Now rebuild the code and the assertion errors above where not enough memory was allocated to copy may go away

I cannot test this but this is a warning to other camera users to change the code
    Personally I would like to have had a #define CAMERA SonyA330 or CanonEOS5D and if the CAMERA define was null then Stop build with a static Assert to get the user to fix this

@c4ssh3rn Please try this and see if this fixes the problem hopefully you will at least get a screen display of what the camera sees
    If you could change the camera output to
    S:2.1M 1920 × 1088 pixels then you could use the default software

• Options

@Jimbohalo10 Thnx, I tried both your suggestions. The calibration.exe runs for a few minutes showing a pink screen, after a while (longer then before) it does however reach a breakpoint like before. It seems it doesn't generate any calibration data.

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...it-master\SpectatorView\Calibration\x64\Debug\Calibration.exe
    File: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\xmemory0
    Line: 94

Expression: "_Count <= (size_t)(-1) / _Sz" && 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
    failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)
    Calibration.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

My elgato software only shows 567p25 data stream, could that be the problem. Also the Sony A330 doesn't have recording abilities, is that a problem?

Anyway next week I am going to try it out with a Sony HXR-NX5E Camera. Hopefully I will get better results with that.

Any tips are still very welcome.

• Options

Solved it by setting it on Release instead on Debug.

Next problem is I can't record video's, only take pictures. Someone has a clue why its not recording. All the files come back with 0 data