Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Can't build release - Error DEP2220

bfichterbfichter
edited February 2017 in Questions And Answers

I can't seem to build and deploy a release version. I haven't had this problem until now. I have no problem building and deploying a debug version.

DEP2220 : Cannot delete the folder "C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\KEPCOVS.Release_x86.bkfic\WinRTBridge" on the target machine "127.0.0.1". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)

This path from DefaultAccount on doesn't exist. I don't have a user called DefaultAccount. There is one called Default.

Any clues?

Answers

• Options

Actually, it only happened when I had the device plugged in via usb. As soon as I did a remote deployment it worked. I usually like to do it via usb since it is faster.

• Options

I exactly have the same problem it cant delete a folder called streaming assets and restarting the hololens, VS, unity, cleaning project folders didnt help at all. How can I fix this problem for USB connection?

• Options

I am facing the same problem as well. I used to fix it by changing the Active solution configuration from debug to release but this little hack does not seem to work anymore.

It might help you for a while but this is not a long term solution.

Any trick would be much appreciated.

• Options
    SetisSetis
    edited February 2017

I find something which is a bit pushy but I have just performed a reset from the setting menu > update, reset.
    I can now re deploy on it .

[UPDATE]
    It finally appears that this solution is not working as well...

• Options

I did what you suggested and worked for today and now the same problem happened again. Could anyone from microsoft help with this problem? because it takes 40 minutes to reset and re calibrate the system just to test one line of code.

• Options

temp solution: Change build package name and deploy again.

• Options

yeah that worked.

• Options

ok, i got the same problem.
    The only possible solution for me was to set back the whole HoloLens. Renaming the App package is no option for me.
    This is the third time i got this error. I really hope that Microsoft will come up with a solution for the problem asap. It is just annoying.
    BTW is there some way to browse all the files including the install locations of the apps on the hololens?

• Options

I just ran into this problem today and cannot fix it. How exactly do you change the build package name? I tried editing the project file to no avail.

ralphbarbagallo.com - flarb.com - @flarb

• Options

Same Bug again and Again. What is the Point !
    Please fix That quickly Microsoft.

• Options

I've had this problem on a few devices and I just hit it again this morning and so searched and landed on this post.

I tried rebooting the HoloLens and rebooting the PC but it didn't seem to solve it.

In the end, I used the option in Visual Studio on the Application->Properties pages where you have the option on the Debug tab to "Uninstall and then re-install my package" and that seemed to solve the problem for me.

I can't promise that this will solve your problem - it may have just been a coincidence for me but I thought I'd reply here in case it helps anyone else.

Once I'd solved the problem I then cleared that option for follow on deployments.

• Options

Thanks mtaulty! Your solution helped me!

• Options

Yes Mike, that does the trick. By setting this option, it will clear all remaining stuff from previous deployments and start a new.
    If you are developing, I would leave this on: you never know what garbage is left behind and you cannot really get to it through an explorer window.

Dennis Vroegop
    Emerging Experiences MVP

• Options

It does not work for me :(
    Can someone from Microsoft attend this problem?