Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Got my Wave 1 invite, but can't access store to purchase. HL support won't answer phone.

I sent this to the HoloLens twitter account because I'm not getting replies from email support, and the phone line seems to be unavailable. Has anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Hi @NobleRobot - REALLY sorry for this!
    For the online form - this is definitely weird and obviously an error we will fix asap. For the store access - Can you send an email to MSSTOREIS@microsoft.com and CC me please? thanks!

• Options

Thanks for the quick response!

I've already been trying to contact support via email and phone, but maybe it's not reaching the right people. I'll try again using that email address.

I'll use this forum's messaging system to copy you on the message, bu should I also email it to you? If so, what's your email address?

Thanks again!

• Options

Nevermind, you posted your email address in another thread. Thanks! :-)

• Options

@Vanessa, have you made any progress on investigating this? I haven't received any reply to my email today, and once again was unable to get in touch with anyone at phone support.

I only have 3 days left on my invite! This is getting URGENT.

• Options

Hi Mark - sorry, i will check with support and see where this is at - do not worry on the number of days left, we will keep your access open until we can solve this.

• Options

Cool, thanks. Let me know.

• Options
    edited May 2016

Bit of an update on my end:

(from the https://www.holotechinfo.com/Survey status page:)

I still haven't received the store link email and I still can't access the store using the "returning shopper" link, but I wasn't really expecting it to work until I heard back from support anyway.

I'm not sure if you guys did anything on your end to trigger the update on the status page, so I thought I'd report it here even though it probably doesn't mean anything.

Curious to see if that status page changes at all after today, since my original 10 days will have expired at that point (thanks again for calming my nerves about that, although I would appreciate a swift resolution as I'd hoped to have a device in-hand by now).

Despite my frustrations, I'm actually honestly fascinated by the byzantine mechanics this ordering system. It seems utterly nonsensical from the outside, but someone designed it this way for a good reason, I'm sure. :)

• Options

My situation is exactly like @NobleRobot , except me being part of Wave 2. But @Vanessa answered that work is ongoing to fix this. :smile:

• Options

I just received an email from support, saying that the issue with the ordering system has been repaired. As requested, I submitted my email to the verification page and (this time) I should receive my store link in the next hour or so.

Thanks, @Vanessa for escalating the issue. Fingers crossed!

:-)

• Options

@NobleRobot @SuCane sorry for all this trouble. I'm crossing my fingers too :)

• Options
    edited May 2016

Well, shoot. Still no store link email.

I said "next hour" above because I was being cautious, the email I received from support actually said, "next 30 minutes." It's been nearly 2 hours.

This is starting to get cruel, guys. :-(

• Options

Still same situation as @NobleRobot, been waiting for 1 hour and still no mail... :(

• Options

Support has responded again and seems to be back on the case. Patience is a virtue. :wink:

• Options

@NobleRobot have you got a solution yet?

• Options
    edited May 2016

Nope. The waiting continues...

Support has confirmed that my invite won't expire, so all I can do is relax and wait to hear back from them again, but I am really anxious to start working with the device.

At least I was able to re-enable the spam filter on my email account, now that I know that wasn't the problem. That was a rough two weeks. ;-)

• Options

Same for me, problem solved, two devices bought. :)