Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Are There Any Developers With The HoloLens That Are Looking For Paid Development Work?

If you are proficient with coding apps for the HoloLens, please contact me as soon as possible for development details.

Answers

• Options

Well, you're in the right place, but everyone (to my understanding) has about a month and a half of experience with this thing.

• Options
    Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

@jcellis1 said:
    If you are proficient with coding apps for the HoloLens, please contact me as soon as possible for development details.

@mtycholaz said:
    Well, you're in the right place, but everyone (to my understanding) has about a month and a half of experience with this thing.

This is right, most of us have probably completed the tutorials etc..

So here is the general position:-
    1. No one feels they have enough skills to complete a HoloLens project yet. In fact the technology has taken several big update in the tutorial Planetarium 230- Spatial Mapping.
    2. There are not any real serious projects out there to justify even unpaid work ;-). So yours is the first request
    3. We need a real serious project, to get production testing development started. Could this be yours, tell us more?
    4. Only the combined talents and skills of many developers could attempt and complete
    5. I like testing debugging and extending code, but already I have found problems which require extensive research of the Universal Windows Programming, to find ways round these. So project completion dates would by down the street
    6. We could only do part of a game campaign, so you would have the support libraries for your game, my estimate that 200 frames would take at shortest currently about one hour per frame. Currently 30 frames per second, that's 6 seconds
    7. Do you have a conversion from your own Intellectual Property to HoloLens, or is this a new application design?

1. Realise that only a few people have the HoloLens device, most work is being done on the emulator.
    2. ALL the software is basically beta or advanced Evaluation e.g. Windows 10 Professional Insider and Unity 5.4HTP(HoloLens) beta version.
  • Options

Like the other replies, I would like to hear more details. Most of us would probably jump at the opportunity, but I think at best you would be looking at people doing this work as a side job at the moment.

• Options

Except for people who have collaborated with MS on the early Apps, no-one has even a month of actual experience using a HoloLens.

However, like others here, I am working on some projects particular to the special qualities of the HoloLens and would welcome a collaboration with people or organizations with similar goals, especially if they have (financial and other) resources needed to help realize important and valuable projects.

My interest is primarily in games, drama, and educational apps that interact with people in their own spaces, at home (or work).

It would be useful to us all if anyone looking for help provided some public information about what they have in mind.

I can be reached off-line at qporit_hololens@aol.com.

• Options

I'm currently putting full time work into developing an application for Hololens. Its turning out fairly well with only 3 weeks of work on and off as I support myself with my other job. Iv'e actually also made an effort to reach out and meet up with another hololens developer (the only one I could find out here in Atlanta) to collaborate anytime we can. Would love to work with you sometime in the future as I develop my skills along with the rest of the development community and of course always looking to make new acquaintances. Give me a shout, I can be reached at cperry079@outlook.com. I can share a few screenshots with you and share what I'm trying to accomplish with my current application.

• Options

More details! I'm keen on getting into the AR or VR industry and am actively developing stuff on the Hololens.